Ebay have failed to remove undeserved negatives

Old April 30th 13, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Terrance Davis

Default Ebay have failed to remove undeserved negatives

I recently had an ebay member buy 2 separate items off of me, a common bun
head halfpence and a close to Uncirculated 1944 Canada Victory 5 cents,
both at opening bid of 99p. When it came to sending an invoice, as a nice
gesture I gave the buyer a discounted and combined p&p charge (should have
been £1.99 p&p individually) of £3.00, saving them £0.98 (actual parcel cost
£2.75). I have since got 2 negative feedback replies from the buyer moaning
that they paid 2 charges of postage and that I sent both items in one bag.
I sent a message to the buyer explaining that they got given one invoice to
pay for a combined p&p charge, therefore I had actually saved them money?.
Not sure if the buyer is thick but the response I got wasn't educated???
I thought if I contacted ebay and gave them the details, buyer's ID,
transaction numbers etc...they would investigate, see that I haven't ripped
the buyer with the p&p charge and would remove the unfair feedback. As per
usual, ebay have replied and taken the buyer's side and will not remove the
feedback, also they haven't given a reason as to why they won't remove it,
so now I have a whole year with 2 negative feedbacks that are unwarranted
and unfair? What is a seller meant to do???

Old April 30th 13, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
PeterD

On 4/30/2013 6:49 AM, Terrance Davis wrote:
[...]

Don't worry, Frank will be along any minute now to tell you what to do.

And if Frank can't do it, I'm sure someone from the ANA will respond.

Until you get their authoritative answer, you should, under no
circumstances sell anything on eBay as you are likely to be receiving
more negs for being dumb...

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old April 30th 13, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
R. Totale

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:49:21 -0500, "Terrance Davis"
wrote:

[...]

All your undeserved negatives are belong to us.
Old April 30th 13, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
googler

On Apr 30, 6:49*am, "Terrance Davis" wrote:
[...]

My apologies for the responses you've received here. This is,
unfortunately, a marginally useful forum for seeking assistance, as we
have some members who haven't yet grown up.

Good question, though. Sad to say, eBay does not care. It is unlikely
they will even read your communications with them. They do have a
number of reasons detailed in their agreement for removing feedback,
and your case isn't even close.

Buyers being able to hurt sellers with poor feedback is a fact of life
on eBay, and something you have to accept with a grain of salt. IMHO,
you will be fine in the long run; don't let one jerk have any control
over your life (and I include some of our posters!).

You won't get it changed. eBay does not care, and fairness is
certainly not on their list of corporate objectives. Automated
transactions and answers to your inquiries are their norm.

In the end, most everything is far more important than feedback on an
impersonal online selling site. Don't let your life be defined by
something as trivial as this. Thanks for coming to ask, and again
apologies for, and you should ignore, our resident dummy.
Old April 30th 13, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Frank Provasek

We lost our 20% discount due to a buyer who left positive feedback,
but left a "1" DSR for shipping time, even though he paid us March 25,
item was shipped
March 26 and signed for by the buyer March 28. Ebay would NOT remove
it.

Old May 1st 13, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Jeßus

That's complete bull****.

and will not remove the
feedback, also they haven't given a reason as to why they won't remove it,
so now I have a whole year with 2 negative feedbacks that are unwarranted
and unfair? What is a seller meant to do???

Kill yourself?

Alternatively, you could give your potential buyers *some* credit and
let them read between the lines when checking your feedback.
But that would be too sensible for you, right?
Old May 1st 13, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Jeßus

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:35:57 -0700 (PDT), googler
wrote:

My apologies for the responses you've received here. This is,
unfortunately, a marginally useful forum for seeking assistance, as we
have some members who haven't yet grown up.

Warranted in this instance.
Old May 1st 13, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Chris S.

wrote:

My apologies for the responses you've received here. This is,
unfortunately, a marginally useful forum for seeking assistance, as we
have some members who haven't yet grown up.

Warranted in this instance.

Completely..... (and the birds are circling...)

Chris

Old May 1st 13, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Frank Galikanokus

wrote:

As per usual, ebay have replied and taken the buyer's side

That's complete bull****.

and will not remove the
feedback, also they haven't given a reason as to why they won't remove it,
so now I have a whole year with 2 negative feedbacks that are unwarranted
and unfair? What is a seller meant to do???

Kill yourself?

Alternatively, you could give your potential buyers *some* credit and
let them read between the lines when checking your feedback.
But that would be too sensible for you, right?

Most buyers are not going to dig deep enough to "read between the lines" unless they have
a tool like this

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

So your reply isn't sensible.

JAM
Old May 2nd 13, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Jeßus

wrote:

As per usual, ebay have replied and taken the buyer's side

That's complete bull****.

and will not remove the
feedback, also they haven't given a reason as to why they won't remove it,
so now I have a whole year with 2 negative feedbacks that are unwarranted
and unfair? What is a seller meant to do???

Kill yourself?

Alternatively, you could give your potential buyers *some* credit and
let them read between the lines when checking your feedback.
But that would be too sensible for you, right?

Most buyers are not going to dig deep enough to "read between the lines" unless they have
a tool like this

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

So your reply isn't sensible.

My reply isn't sensible because the average person is a moron?

Failed at getting $2's in a checkbook type format Duh_OZ Coins 1 April 12th 11 09:13 PM
Failed at getting $2's in a checkbook type format Duh_Oz Paper Money 1 April 12th 11 09:13 PM
Ebay Moderators Remove Messages Andy Remingron Coins 10 October 26th 08 03:30 AM
failed to mention... pe2 Autographs 0 January 19th 05 01:27 AM
eBay Australia to remove the "Reserve Price" option A.Gent Coins 3 July 5th 04 11:21 AM