Oz 2003

Old October 11th 04, 02:47 AM
Rodney

G'day Thibau,
| always very ancient issue of the catalogue?? not addition each year??

Oh no, perhaps every 7- 10 years if we are lucky,
flyspecking is a dedicated discipline!

| Best regards from South France, near Camargue, wine and bulls, even I
| like Perrier water! lol

Bulls?
here is a powerful image of the risks entertained by these brave young men.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=500

I can happily report, the gentleman survived this lapse of concentration.

Old October 11th 04, 02:48 PM
TC Blair

"Rodney" wrote in message ...
G'day Thibau,
| always very ancient issue of the catalogue?? not addition each year??

Oh no, perhaps every 7- 10 years if we are lucky,
flyspecking is a dedicated discipline!

| Best regards from South France, near Camargue, wine and bulls, even I
| like Perrier water! lol

Bulls?
here is a powerful image of the risks entertained by these brave young men.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=500

Whew! Is that how the Spaniards perforate their stamps?

Blair (tc)
Old October 11th 04, 08:20 PM
Roger Smith

"Rodney" wrote in message
G'day Thibau,
Yes, thanks for that, I was aware of all your models
excepting the perf variance on the outback series and Mars probe.
A revelation to me! wow.

So what we have here is simply Gummed and self adhesive
The gummed is the singleton Star Flower (centre)

Of the self adhesive, the singleton Pemara is the rhs Star Flower

The rest are SNP self adhesive with variant perfs.
I'll go back through my Bulletins and see what Aust Post has to offer.
to distinguish the issues.

One thing Roger will find when he gets a scanner, is just how unforgiving
close up scans are, all the dust, lint, bent perfs, stains and all the
little inconsequentials revealed in startling closeups!

....and no doubt new types of minor varieties identifying perhaps major
printing changes that I shall have to start looking out for.

Roger

Old October 12th 04, 01:15 AM
Rodney

Yes! exactly, and lots of fun.
If you are a fan of the KGV sideface,
scan a dozen or so of same value, at fairly high resolution
copy them all to a temp folder and crop the perforations off.
With a good image viewer, you can whizz through the "slide show"
which makes flyspecks immediately apparent.
The scans should all be of the same res, and centred well
(hence the perf crop)
This goes for all searches for varieties.

Old October 12th 04, 11:10 PM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, (TC Blair)
sussurait le 11 Oct 2004 06:48:24 -0700 :

| Best regards from South France, near Camargue, wine and bulls, even I
| like Perrier water! lol

Bulls?
here is a powerful image of the risks entertained by these brave young men.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=500

Whew! Is that how the Spaniards perforate their stamps?

for their stamps I don't know, but it's that how they prepare some
foods )

here, it's not this kind of bulls and there are some corridas but the
main attraction is the "course camargaise", which consists in runs in
the arena in order to catch some items put in the neck of the bulls.
And there are many differences between the spanish bull and the bull
from Camargue, I will try to find a website on it ;o)
--
ThibauT
sans être syndicaliste, je soutiens l'effort collectif )
Old October 12th 04, 11:12 PM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, "Rodney"
sussurait le Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:15:16 +0800 :

Yes! exactly, and lots of fun.
If you are a fan of the KGV sideface,
scan a dozen or so of same value, at fairly high resolution
copy them all to a temp folder and crop the perforations off.
With a good image viewer, you can whizz through the "slide show"
which makes flyspecks immediately apparent.
The scans should all be of the same res, and centred well
(hence the perf crop)
This goes for all searches for varieties.

| ...and no doubt new types of minor varieties identifying perhaps major
| printing changes that I shall have to start looking out for.
| Roger

Hi All,
Rodney we do not have resolved the problems with the adhesive and you
talk about the major (and infinite? )source of varieties, it's not a
serious job ;o)
--
ThibauT
Best regards from Vergèze (France), city of Perrier ;o)
Old October 13th 04, 02:56 AM
Rodney

| Hi All,
| Rodney we do not have resolved the problems with the adhesive and you
| talk about the major (and infinite? )source of varieties, it's not a
| serious job ;o)

Hmm, perhaps ThibauT, illustrating the difference between, looking up a
prepared and existing, knowledge base, and doing the hard yards oneself.
(Possibly the difference between a stamp collector, and a Philatelist) ;-)

Old October 13th 04, 04:29 PM
Rein Bakhuizen van den Brink

don't you fuzz youngsters!

This is a serious matter. You can't expect the Australia Post
to tell you everything about the printings they have made.
The Stamp Bulletin - I just received 277 - is a good source
of where the self-adhesive may come from. They also mention
the type of paper JAC B100 or B90 which probably means the
paper weight is 90grms/m2 or 100grms/m2.

The different shapes of the kiss-die-cut you have to figure out
yourself, the Post won't help you. I already have a list - alas,
all in Dutch I prepared 1 1/2 year ago that has most answers to
your questions. I intend to translate the list and improve it so
that at least at contains all self-adhesives up to mid 2004. After
that I'll publish it on my web-site.

As Rodney knows, the same thing can be found with several N.Z.
stamps that have been printed in Australia....

groetjes, Rein

.