Using a SC-1 Seeburg Consollette wallbox with an older Seeburg 222 Jukebox

Old July 26th 18, 08:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Using a SC-1 Seeburg Consollette wallbox with an older Seeburg 222 Jukebox

Hello,

I have a very nice Seeburg 222 jukebox hooked about to the correct 160 Selection Wall-O-Matic Wallbox that was made for the 222 and all works fine.

But, I always liked the later model SC-1 Stereo Wallbox Consolletes. I am try to find out if either the Jukebox/Stepper and/or the SC1-Wallbox to get these to work together?

My 222 has a SHP solid state amp in it that was used for the consolettes so, hooking up the speakers should not be a problem. But, the Tormat is the original tube seclector along with the stock stepper unit.

Please advise if this is possible. If so, How would I do it?

Old July 26th 18, 08:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2018/07/26 12:02 PM, wrote:
Hello,

I have a very nice Seeburg 222 jukebox hooked about to the correct 160 Selection Wall-O-Matic Wallbox that was made for the 222 and all works fine.

But, I always liked the later model SC-1 Stereo Wallbox Consolletes. I am try to find out if either the Jukebox/Stepper and/or the SC1-Wallbox to get these to work together?

My 222 has a SHP solid state amp in it that was used for the consolettes so, hooking up the speakers should not be a problem. But, the Tormat is the original tube seclector along with the stock stepper unit.

Please advise if this is possible. If so, How would I do it?

Mostly it is a question of which order does the wallbox send out pulses.
If you look at the wiper on both the older and newer wallboxes, do they
have a similar layout of contacts? In other words if both have around 20
contacts, a gap, and then around 10 to 12 (or vice versa) they should work.

As for hooking up, I recommend you get the wallbox manuals and see how
they are installed. I suspect it would be fairly straightforward,
however I have never done that variation of wallbox/jukebox so can't do
more for free...

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old August 1st 18, 06:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Norman Macrae

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 20:57:18 UTC+1, John Robertson wrote:

Mostly it is a question of which order does the wallbox send out pulses.
If you look at the wiper on both the older and newer wallboxes, do they
have a similar layout of contacts? In other words if both have around 20
contacts, a gap, and then around 10 to 12 (or vice versa) they should work.

As for hooking up, I recommend you get the wallbox manuals and see how
they are installed. I suspect it would be fairly straightforward,
however I have never done that variation of wallbox/jukebox so can't do
more for free...

John :-#)#

The pulses on the SCs are reversed (numbers first) so you would need to rewire the stepper in order for it to operate correctly. This is actually easier than you might think.

N.