Negative feedback bidders need not apply...

Old August 5th 03, 02:14 PM
Steve Ruud

Default Negative feedback bidders need not apply...

Came across this text in a seller's auction (all caps are the sellers,
not mine):

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COIN OR GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE "DO NOT"
BID!

This sellers currently (9am EDT) has 171 auctions running, 27 have ACG
in the auction title. The above text seems to be in only the ACG
titled auctions.

Other auctions contain the cautionary warning:

IF YOU WANT TO BID AS IF THIS COIN IS ONE GRADE LOWER, PLEASE BID WITH
ANOTHER EBAY DEALER WHO IS PUSHING THE GRADES ON THEIR COINS!

And yes, this is also the seller who is offering:

1,000 PROFESSIONALLY SLABBED ACG & NGC COINS!

with an opening bid of only $15,000!

Complete offerings from this person are available at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ort=3&rows=200

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to replay via e-mail)
Old August 5th 03, 03:02 PM
Bill Krummel

"Steve Ruud" wrote in message
Came across this text in a seller's auction (all caps are the sellers,
not mine):

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COIN OR GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE "DO NOT"
BID!

This sellers currently (9am EDT) has 171 auctions running, 27 have ACG
in the auction title. The above text seems to be in only the ACG
titled auctions.

Other auctions contain the cautionary warning:

IF YOU WANT TO BID AS IF THIS COIN IS ONE GRADE LOWER, PLEASE BID WITH
ANOTHER EBAY DEALER WHO IS PUSHING THE GRADES ON THEIR COINS!

And yes, this is also the seller who is offering:

1,000 PROFESSIONALLY SLABBED ACG & NGC COINS!

with an opening bid of only $15,000!

Complete offerings from this person are available at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=mysonbr ad
&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=200

Steve

This phrase bothers me;

TOO MANY PAYPAL CUSTOMERS ARE JUST NOT PAYING US THE POSTAGE AND SHIPPING
FEES!

I have ran a little over 550 auctions this year. I think 80% of my winning
bidders have paid using Paypal, and I have not had one instance of a Paypal
user not including the postage and shipping fees. I wonder why this seller
has a problem to such an extent that it warrants a mention in his
description.

I might bid on his auctions. I should be ok per his description, as long
as I bid as if the coin is two (or more) grades lower than his assigned
grade. Actually, that is a very arrogant statement he makes about bidding
as though one grade lower. I consider myself honest and ethical, but I
would never dream that the grade I place on a coin would be in agreement
with everyone or anyone else's grade, or that the grade I assign is THE
grade for the coin, regardless of anyone else's opinion. Of course,
touting an ACG coin's grade without including your own assessment is not
exactly ethical. Somebody needs to get this guy to visit rcc and make a few
statements. That sounds like fun. Bill

Old August 5th 03, 04:57 PM
BobbyShaw

This phrase bothers me;

TOO MANY PAYPAL CUSTOMERS ARE JUST NOT PAYING US THE POSTAGE AND SHIPPING
FEES!

I have ran a little over 550 auctions this year. I think 80% of my winning
bidders have paid using Paypal, and I have not had one instance of a Paypal
user not including the postage and shipping fees. I wonder why this seller
has a problem to such an extent that it warrants a mention in his
description.

I'd probably guess it's because he doesn't specify the shipping fee in the
totals area at the bottom. He states $4.00 shipping in the description, but in
the shipping field (that Paypal would use to calculate total cost) shows
"Shipping costs will be specified later".

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html

Old August 5th 03, 05:24 PM
Ran Shalgi

Steve Ruud wrote in message . ..
Came across this text in a seller's auction (all caps are the sellers,
not mine):

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COIN OR GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE "DO NOT"
BID!

This sellers currently (9am EDT) has 171 auctions running, 27 have ACG
in the auction title. The above text seems to be in only the ACG
titled auctions.

Other auctions contain the cautionary warning:

IF YOU WANT TO BID AS IF THIS COIN IS ONE GRADE LOWER, PLEASE BID WITH
ANOTHER EBAY DEALER WHO IS PUSHING THE GRADES ON THEIR COINS!

You missed this gem:

WE HAVE A RETURN POLICY OF THE BID PRICE ON "RAW" COINS, WHICH HAVE
NOT BEEN PROFESSIONALLY GRADED. ON PROFESSIONAL GRADED COINS, WE DO
NOT OFFER ANY EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS, AND ASK YOU KINDLY TO BUY THE COIN
AND NOT THE "GRADING" SERVICE. THANKS KINDLY, B.H.

So, no returns on ACG coins. How convenient...
Old August 5th 03, 07:41 PM
Wheeler

BobbyShaw wrote:

[...]

Check this one out, same seller

$10.00 shipping and handling and he want more for insurance! Says no
pay pal but at the bottom of page he takes it? I guess that it is
very heavy Morgan :-)
Wheeler
Wheeler
Old August 5th 03, 07:44 PM
Wheeler

Linda..... I have not said welcome to the newsgroup to you yet!...
So here it is... Welcome to the newsgroup.... Now go and get you an
Ack-U-Crap coin. ;-)
Wheeler
Old August 5th 03, 10:31 PM
JOPN

I had to try after reading Ian's message - I'm blocked from this one also. I
this rate I may never get ripped off on E-bay again.
John N
Old August 5th 03, 11:04 PM
Stujoe

In article , JOPN spoke
thusly...
I had to try after reading Ian's message - I'm blocked from this one also. I
this rate I may never get ripped off on E-bay again.

I am blocked too! What a happy coincidence. :-)

--
Stu Miller
Read about Coins in the News:

Ebay Feedback The Poodlebutt 8 Track Tapes 11 October 15th 04 02:42 PM
Private feedback Isuamlmbf Autographs 1 May 28th 04 03:47 PM
Ebay's fake autograph bad feedback.... dahoov2 Autographs 7 May 28th 04 07:03 AM
How to credit check your auction bidders. Support General 0 October 29th 03 02:04 AM
Amazon Marketplace Feedback William M. Klimon Books 3 October 21st 03 10:44 PM