AIDS on Stamps

Old September 16th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Aaron Lawrence

Default AIDS on Stamps

Hi,

About a year ago I started a discussion regarding my topical of
choice, AIDS on stamps. A number of you were quite helpful in
pointing out a number of stamps I had not added to my list.

I wanted to once again thank you all for your help, and to say that I
have posted my collection (now quite exhaustive) on the web. It is
more complete than any other listing on the subject so far.

You can see the collection at http://www.aidsonstamps.com.

Thanks again and enjoy.

--Aaron

Old September 16th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

On Sep 16, 9:42 am, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

A very nice, well constructed site, Aaron,
very easy to navigate. Well done.

The usual gripe, without a database style
reference to Catalogue numbers, it is
laborious for one to check their list
against yours.
(to identify if you have missing issues)
If you intend to be brave enough to collect
Cinderellas , there are
others out there beside Dagestan etc,
One interesting label is the "Island of Offences"
Google may surface it for you.
PS: I wrote to the "Gay and Lesbion Kingdom"
for my sheet, but received no reply
Cheers.

Old September 16th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Aaron Lawrence

On Sep 15, 10:29 pm, Rod wrote:

The usual gripe, without a database style
reference to Catalogue numbers, it is
laborious for one to check their list
against yours.
(to identify if you have missing issues)

Excellent idea. I threw a little something together. Is this what
you meant?

http://www.aidsonstamps.com/chart.htm

If you intend to be brave enough to collect
Cinderellas , there are
others out there beside Dagestan etc,
One interesting label is the "Island of Offences"
Google may surface it for you.

And I have seen the Island of Offenses before, but never got around to
collecting it. Perhaps I should. Any idea who produced it and why?
Google has nothing on "Island of Offenses".

Old September 16th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

On Sep 16, 12:27 pm, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

And I have seen the Island of Offenses before, but never got around to collecting it. Perhaps I should. Any idea who produced it and why? Google has nothing on "Island of Offenses".

It's your choice whether to collect
These appear to be produced just for $
Personally, I like on topic labels if they
enhance the curiosity of the collection topic.
First day covers, topical covers and probably
health associated stamps.
These Russian style bogus states number
around 10-15 and you could spend a fortune
if you purchased.
The Isle of the offences is not listed in current
bogus lists, so probably a very recent
publication.
Perhaps just keep those that "happen by"

You can view the Island of offences, by
typing in the search box here
Appears to have religiousovertones perhaps.
http://www.justwendystamps.com/index.php

Old September 16th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"Aaron Lawrence" skrev i en meddelelse
oups.com...
Hi,

About a year ago I started a discussion regarding my topical of
choice, AIDS on stamps. A number of you were quite helpful in
pointing out a number of stamps I had not added to my list.

I wanted to once again thank you all for your help, and to say that I
have posted my collection (now quite exhaustive) on the web. It is
more complete than any other listing on the subject so far.

You can see the collection at http://www.aidsonstamps.com.

Hello Aaron,
Nice site :-) If you are interested in the only Danish AIDS-stamp issued
(1996). Scott B81.
http://images.europeanstamps.net/imagedb/dk/1130.jpg
I'll be happy to send it to you in mint condition, and also to use one as
part of the franking on the cover.

Please contact me off list on aheindorff at gmail dot com

Mette

Old September 16th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Aaron Lawrence wrote:
Hi,

About a year ago I started a discussion regarding my topical of
choice, AIDS on stamps. A number of you were quite helpful in
pointing out a number of stamps I had not added to my list.

"Alan" wrote in message
Nice idea, but whats the life expectancy of these stamps ?

Bad joke...

--
Victor Manta

Old September 17th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

Aaron Lawrence wrote:

About a year ago I started a discussion regarding my topical of
choice, AIDS on stamps. A number of you were quite helpful in
pointing out a number of stamps I had not added to my list.

I wanted to once again thank you all for your help, and to say that I
have posted my collection (now quite exhaustive) on the web. It is
more complete than any other listing on the subject so far.

You can see the collection at http://www.aidsonstamps.com.

By great coincidence, I just happened to see a TV program last
night on Joe Average, the artist whose painting is featured on the 1996
Canada stamp in your collection.

http://www.joeaverageart.com/

Ryan