Q: best cert. service for Canadian errors?

Old January 2nd 04, 05:06 PM
peter

Default Q: best cert. service for Canadian errors?

Hello,

I have not posted here before as I have not colected coins since before I
discovered the internet. I have a small collection of Canadian error and
variety coins I wish to sell on eBay. I'm already a reputable seller - 2
years 4 months, 268 positives, 1 undeserved negative (I'm sure that has
never been said before!) but my feedback isn't for coins and I have found
that the odd time I introduced a coin into my auctions it didn't sell or
reach it's reserve. First, I think that having the coins certified might
help with the auction credability. I realize that cert services are a hot
topic but I could use some honest advice, please and thank you. Post to the
group or to . Thanks for your time.

Happy New Year

Peter

P.S. My auctions are for collectable bicycles and other accesories so any
suggestions for listing coins into my auctions will be gladly accepted

Old January 2nd 04, 07:29 PM
Bob Peterson

There are several services that will certify Canadian coins. I am not sure
whether its worth the expense though. I think both NGC and ANACS will do
so, also there is a Canadian company ICCS that does it, maybe even PCGS.

The fact is that if you have accurately described them and put in a good
image, and they still are not selling, most likely the problem is you want
more for them then they are worth. Quite frankly, if you can't sell it on
eBay, something is really wrong on your end, not the coins, or the holder.

Old January 2nd 04, 07:53 PM
J. Craton

peter wrote:

[...]

I'd go with NGC. They are cheaper and with error coins, there isn't a
huge difference in re-sell value between the different certification
companies.

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5

Nick is a DICK!