Ebay protection of a powerseller?

Old December 2nd 03, 05:17 PM
RW Julian

Default Ebay protection of a powerseller?

The following lot on ebay is very blunt about the activities of a
powerseller:

The seller, yuri, actually posted two lots for sale, the other (2 206
468 954) being a fake Russian 1914
Gangut commemorative rouble. It has been pulled,possibly because the
powerseller did not care
for the material presented. One wonders how long the other will last.

Both lots offered by yuri were stopped early (and not sold) though what
this means is not clear.

It is perhaps worth noting that yuri accuses cheif47 of selling him a
fake item outside ebay, which I
thought was against ebay rules. Perhaps such rules to not apply to
powersellers.

RW Julian

Note: as the Gangut rouble item has been pulled, the text is worth
repeating:

Title of item: Fake Russian Gangut Ruble 1914. Silver 20g.
Seller: yuri
Starts: Nov-25-03 21:00:30 PST
Ends: Nov-30-03 21:00:30 PST
Price: Starts at $50.00
To bid on the item, go to:

Item Description:
This is a FAKE silver coin that was offered me in direct sale after
a couple of E-bay auctions by K. Loughmiller (Cheif47)
who offered it as an OLD coin. After receing coin I found that it is a
fake - easy visible under 10-12 power stereo microscope,
and since seller is not responding on on e-mails, I decide to auction it.
Also were offered a few more fakes includung: Poltina 1726 (listed as
a Ruble on e-bay now) , Poltina 1727, Ruble 1827, Ruble
1845 and others. In reality this Gangut Ruble is a sample of modern
"high-tech" technology (molding) from Eastern Europe, it could be
interesting to fake coin collectors.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:53 PM
Ami .

Yuri, unfortunately, apparently wasn't aware of the risk of buying from
eBay sellers who run private auctions in which the seller's feedback
and/or bidders IDs are kept hidden.

Old December 2nd 03, 07:32 PM
Bob Peterson

"RW Julian" wrote in message
The following lot on ebay is very blunt about the activities of a
powerseller:

The seller, yuri, actually posted two lots for sale, the other (2 206
468 954) being a fake Russian 1914
Gangut commemorative rouble. It has been pulled,possibly because the
powerseller did not care
for the material presented. One wonders how long the other will last.

Both lots offered by yuri were stopped early (and not sold) though what
this means is not clear.

It says the seller stopped them and gave his reason. if eBay put the halt
to them, they would just not appear as a listing anymore.

It is perhaps worth noting that yuri accuses cheif47 of selling him a
fake item outside ebay, which I
thought was against ebay rules. Perhaps such rules to not apply to
powersellers.

Powersellers have a much wider lattitude to abuse the rules than mere
mortals its true, but ebay seems to take little or no notice of anything
unless it threatens their fees.