Comic Con 2009 Results

Old July 30th 09, 04:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Autograph Collector

Default Comic Con 2009 Results

A total of 130,000 people attended the San Diego International Comic Con
again this year. Because of lack of space that will be the total for
several more years but many events did take place in surrounding hotel
ballrooms including a Q&A with the cast of WEEDS. I came home with 70
hard earned autographs and did not pay any money for any of them. A lot
of time and sweat though. I'm still sorting and confirming what I have
but a short list includes Terry Gilliam, Verne Troyer, Patricia Heaton,
Kiefer Sutherland, Maty Lynn Rajskub, Robert Englund, Danny DeVito,
Elizabeth Mitchell, Matt Groening (sketch of Bender) Billy West, John
Dimaggio, Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson (very nice), Billy Connolly,
Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Cameron Diaz, James Marsden, Megan Fox, Josh
Brolin, Rob Zombie. Got cast members of TV's GLEE, and CLEVELAND, the
new Cartoon Network live action film SCOOBY DOO: The Mysteries Begin and
PHINEAS & FERB (they are really kids). Plus tons of swag. Just search
comic con on eBay and that will give you an idea. This was my 29th year
attending and it gets harder and harder to get around from one booth to
the next ahead of all the other 'fans'. Sometimes I don't make it.
Tickets for next year are $100 for the 4 days.

Pete

Old July 31st 09, 01:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bob

Nice score Pete, sounds crazy though.
Old July 31st 09, 09:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2[_8_]

Pete-

Congrats on your "Score" it seems like the Hampton Roads area is killing
everything that a celeb can come to.

Great report-this is the way the group used to be...

Happy Hunting-
pe2

Old August 1st 09, 06:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Liz McMaster

Nice report!
I would love to attend and appreciate your experienced input.
Sorry things are so crazy...let us know if we can build you something
superior with any of your memorabilia....we are quite exclusive as far
as customs, but also very reasonable for the quality and craftsmanship
with conservation methods used:
http://www.historyinvogue.com
Will keep tabs on your email if we decide to get back to Comic Con
(attended San Diego in 2006, usually do Seattle now).

Liz McMaster
Old August 2nd 09, 02:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
davinci

"Liz McMaster" wrote in message
http://www.historyinvogue.com
Will keep tabs on your email if we decide to get back to Comic Con

(attended San Diego in 2006, usually do Seattle now).

With a COA......it has to be authentic. Yeah right.

Old August 2nd 09, 01:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Awww, the trolls still live. Warm and fuzzy memories.... LOL It's
just too bad nothing trolls ever say is worth listening to.

Old August 4th 09, 01:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

"Autograph Collector" wrote in message
[...]

You got some really good ones this year Pete!
I would fly over from Australia just for the Groening sketch alone

MrB

Old August 5th 09, 05:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Autograph Collector

Default Comic Con 2009 Hey Mr. B

Hey Mr. B.

We talked several years ago about you coming out for Comic Con. If you
do I'll help you out. I may have an extra room here next year also.

This year Matt Groening made only one signing appearance but on Sunday
at his Bongo Comics Booth he was signing and doing a small sketch for
everyone who bought a $20 compilation of the Simpsons comics. I was at
the booth when he met artist Nina Matsumoto for the first time. She
pencilled last years Simpsons halloween issue and won an Eisner Award
for it. He had her do me a sketch from her cast of Japanese characters.
Google her and look at her work it's very creative. I did see Matt with
his get a sketch business cards. He hands these out to deserving people
when he runs out of time. You mail the card to FOX and he sends a
sketch. It took him 2 years to do one that way for me but it was well
worth the wait.

I have probably 10 sketches from Matt over the years but two I got at
Comic Con back in 1996 don't fit in my albums and I have never figured
out what to do with them, They are 9"X17" posters from Bongo Comics
featuring the family on a plate being held up by Radioactive Man getting
a hot foot from Crusty. One has a large sketch of Marge dated 7-7-1996
and the other of Maggie 7-7-1996. The posters weren't selling so he
signed every one that people bought (no choice of character). If you
want I can send pics of them and we can talk.

Contest Results Wes Chormicle Coins 3 March 15th 06 10:48 AM
11/1 Nickel results Alan Williams Coins 1 November 1st 04 10:51 PM
PCGS Results! Wes Chormicle Coins 2 September 17th 04 01:37 AM
strange results so ne Coins 6 July 11th 03 12:27 AM