What book has eluded you the longest?

Old September 9th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
The Bobino

Default What book has eluded you the longest?

I've been searching for a copy of "The White Ribbon Boys Of Chester" by
Raymond Sperry Jr. (Stratemeyer Syndicate pseud.) since the late 80s
and it has proven extremely elusive.
I have yet to see a copy come up on eBay or any other auction site.
In fact, I have never personally examined a copy of this book and
wouldn't believe it existed if I had not seen photos of it.
--
RWF

Old September 9th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Some Guy

The Bobino wrote:
I've been searching for a copy of "The White Ribbon Boys Of Chester" by
Raymond Sperry Jr. (Stratemeyer Syndicate pseud.) since the late 80s
and it has proven extremely elusive.
I have yet to see a copy come up on eBay or any other auction site.
In fact, I have never personally examined a copy of this book and
wouldn't believe it existed if I had not seen photos of it.
--
RWF

The Long Lost Friend.
Old September 9th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jack Campin - bogus address

I've been searching for a copy of "The White Ribbon Boys Of Chester"
by Raymond Sperry Jr. (Stratemeyer Syndicate pseud.) since the late
80s and it has proven extremely elusive.
I have yet to see a copy come up on eBay or any other auction site.
In fact, I have never personally examined a copy of this book and
wouldn't believe it existed if I had not seen photos of it.

I lent my copy of Otto Muehl's "The AA Model" sometime around 1980
and that was the last time I've seen one. (I doubt if it will ever
be reprinted and there are probably a good many countries where you
could now be locked up for owning it).

Old September 9th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bud Webster

Conklin's mystery anthology, _Great Detective Stories About Doctors_
(Collier 01895, 1965). Never seen a copy, and the one listed at
AddAll.com is more than I want to pay.

It's the last one I need to have ALL the Conklins in first edition.
Old September 10th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Scot Kamins

In article om,
"The Bobino" wrote:

I've been searching for a copy of "The White Ribbon Boys Of Chester" by
Raymond Sperry Jr. (Stratemeyer Syndicate pseud.) since the late 80s
and it has proven extremely elusive.
I have yet to see a copy come up on eBay or any other auction site.
In fact, I have never personally examined a copy of this book and
wouldn't believe it existed if I had not seen photos of it.
--
RWF

Volume # 1 in the Modern Library series, Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray, in
the first catalog dust jacket with the drop letter "P" (Boni-Liveright,
May, 1917)
Old September 10th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
The Bobino

Bud Webster wrote:
Conklin's mystery anthology, _Great Detective Stories About Doctors_
(Collier 01895, 1965). Never seen a copy, and the one listed at
AddAll.com is more than I want to pay.

It's the last one I need to have ALL the Conklins in first edition.

And you're letting mere money stand in the way of getting it?!?!?!?
For shame
--
RWF

Old September 10th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

I have all the James Bond novels in first editions (some without
jackets) except the two film novelizations by Christopher Wood, THE SPY
WHO LOVED ME and JAMES BOND AND MOONRAKER. There was no U.S. hardback
of either, and the British versions must have had very small print
runs, as they command fabulous prices.

Old September 10th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter

Tim O'Brien, first printing of "Going After Cacciato"
Jjohn LeCarre, first printing of "The Naive and Sentimental Lover"

Francis A. Miniter

RWF

Old September 10th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Michel

The Necronomicon

Old September 11th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jerry Morris

I've been lucky in acquiring books I've wanted; but I may have finally
met my match.
I have nineteen of the twenty-one volumes of the London 1821 edition of
the "Plays and Poems of William Shakspeare... by Edmond Malone," which
is known as Boswell's Malone. I'm lacking volumes nine and twenty-one.
James Boswell's son published the third variorum edition of Malone's
Shakespeare edition, using the Shakespeare papers he had inherited from
Malone.

best,
Jerry Morris

Moi's Books About Books: http://www.tinyurl.com/hib7