Was the George Best note released into circulation?

Old February 6th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default Was the George Best note released into circulation?

On Feb 5, 7:17 pm, "see323" wrote:
On Jan 11, 4:44 pm, "noteworthy" wrote:

I think for the special numbers such as the low serial numbers 000001
000002....and the solid number one such as 111111.....888888 will be
able to fetch a good price since there is only one of each of these
nice numbers in the 1 million peices.

The next question is ....I need the 555555 and 888888 for my
collection.....*smile*...

Derrick Seewww.notepassion.com

The George Best commemorative £5 notes were distributed at face value
by Ulster Bank. Best's sister Barbara (secretary of his charity
Foundation) was given number 1 and his father was give number 1
million. I think a few numbers of certain dates (Best's birthday,
etc.,) were also held back for special gifts or charity auctions.

Old February 6th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
see323

On Feb 5, 6:50 pm, wrote:
On Feb 5, 7:17 pm, "see323" wrote:

On Jan 11, 4:44 pm, "noteworthy" wrote:

I think for the special numbers such as the low serial numbers 000001
000002....and the solid number one such as 111111.....888888 will be
able to fetch a good price since there is only one of each of these
nice numbers in the 1 million peices.

The next question is ....I need the 555555 and 888888 for my
collection.....*smile*...

Derrick Seewww.notepassion.com

The George Best commemorative £5 notes were distributed at face value
by Ulster Bank. Best's sister Barbara (secretary of his charity
Foundation) was given number 1 and his father was give number 1
million. I think a few numbers of certain dates (Best's birthday,
etc.,) were also held back for special gifts or charity auctions.

Thanks. Where are the rest of the solid numbers then. Are they going
to be put up for bidding ?

Regards
Derrick See

Old February 6th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
MCP

On Feb 6, 6:21 am, "see323" wrote:
On Feb 5, 6:50 pm, wrote:

On Feb 5, 7:17 pm, "see323" wrote:

[...]

As far as I know the solid numbers all went along with the non-
descript numbers. Ulster Bank reported all stock sold out at lightning
speed. They made it clear when the notes were made available that all
but a very few would be distributed by Ulster Bank, first-come, first-
serve. Ulster Bank officials described public enthusiasm for the notes
as "almost historic." IMHO, The note itself is quite beautiful and
I'm happy to own a few.