Library sale

Old May 20th 12, 04:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.mystery
J[_2_]

Default Library sale

Yesterday I went to the Library sale in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. I'd
gone to this event a few years ago, and not done especially well, but
I thought I'd give it another try. This time I came away with a 25-
cent paperback that I was anxious to read, and four excellent
condition hardcovers (all with dustjacket). Total expenditure $12.25!

GREEN HAZARD, Manning Coles – 1974 Hodder reprint of a 1945 title -
due to careless removal of a sticker, there's a patch of paper where
the color's been stripped away, maybe the size of a dime

THE BLACK SPECTACLES, John Dickson Carr – 1972 Fingerprint (Hamish
Hamilton) edition of this 1939 title - terrific condition

HAUNTED LONDON, Peter Underwood – Harrap, 1973 - a tiny gouge through
the jacket into the front cover; with a dj protector, it can't even be
seen

THE RAYMOND CHANDLER PAPERS, Hiney/MacShane, 2011 - new, only
published last year by Atlantic Monthly
Old May 21st 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.mystery
Bill Gill

On 5/20/2012 10:06 AM, J wrote:
[...]

Green Hazard - that is one of the good Tommy Hambledon books. How
to become a famous Nazi scientist by accident. Of course he had
already been a famous Nazi police chief sort of by accident ("A
Toast to Tomorrow"). Toast is probably his best book.

Bill

Old October 16th 12, 09:26 PM
newerarpz newerarpz is offline
Member

Are you trying to find some yearbook ideas to generate your high school yearbook good? Making yearbooks that seriously stand out isn't simple, but with a small bit of creativity, Louis Vuitton Bags,it is possible to be sure your high school yearbook is enjoyable and fascinating for everyone who gets a copy. There are a lot of high school yearbook ideas which can really enable yearbooks stand out.
One particular of your greatest things you may do to make your high school yearbook beautiful is incorporate some terrific examples of student artwork produced all through the year Louis Vuitton Bags Outlet. Start asking for artwork inside the size and colors you need early on, so students have a lengthy time to function on submissions. Encourage student artists to function using the school mascot and create pieces centered about distinct clubs and activities. You are able to try framing artwork submission requests and also a contest to encourage participation LV Bags Outlet.
Yearbooks can get kind of boring when every single year is fairly much just a showcase for exactly the same class images you usually get. Try getting baby photos from interested students to sprinkle in the margins of their class pictures. You could possibly get adequate images to have a baby matching game with all the final results hidden in the back on the book someplace. Infant images are a excellent way to add fun to a high school yearbook and encourage student participation.http://www.louisvuittonofficialzone.com/
Try and involve some fun photos from the faculty. Halloween costumes and amusing staged images really are a great hit with students, particularly if they are nicely captioned. Encourage faculty to pose for some fun shots or bring in silly photographs from house.
Discount Indiana Jones Hat

Library Book Sale Finds Francis A. Miniter[_2_] Books 4 April 13th 10 11:20 PM
Library Sale Find Scurvy Dog Books 6 April 1st 10 10:59 PM
Library For Sale Willow Books 6 August 4th 08 12:46 AM
Unusual library book sale Francis A. Miniter[_2_] Books 0 June 22nd 08 03:22 PM
New type of library book sale Matt J. McCullar Books 5 February 2nd 05 10:34 PM