1st edition signed books for sale and misc. objects.

Old April 20th 04, 03:04 AM
eonicman

Default 1st edition signed books for sale and misc. objects.

Cadmus, Paul
The Drawings of Paul Cadmus
1st ed., 1989, Rizzoli 144 pages illustrated
black and white and color; intro by Guy
Davenport; excellent condition.
"For Warren Allen Smith, another Humanist, with good
wishes"
A member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters,
Cadmus thereby went on record
as not being interested in organized religions.

Paul Cadmus by Lincoln Kirstein 1992
Signed by Cadmus:"To Warren Allen Smith,
good wishes and to Pique."
Pique is a non-religious secular humanist journal. Examples of
Cadmus's art, 10" x 11"; 144 pages
Color and black and white. Excellent condition

Collaboration: The Photographs of Paul Cadmus, Margaret French and
Jared French
"To Warren and to Humanism from Paul Cadmus
with good wishes" 25 February 1993
Also signed by Margaret French
An elegant production, 8 1/4" x 9 1/4"
By "humanism" is meant non-theism, naturalism, no belief in an
afterlife or gods.

Nelson, Ted
Computer Lib
1st edition; excellent condition; a computer zine with
both sides reversible; early mini computing; signed
"For Warren Allen Smith with regard, affection, esteem,
gratitude, and fond memory."
10 3/4" x 14" Nelson, who coined "http," is the son of
actress Celeste Holm.

Yevtushenko, Yevgeny
Almost at the End
1st ed., 1987
Book is unsigned but included is a 1987 American Academy
of Arts and Letters ceremonial program
in which Yevtushenko signed his name along with his street
address in Moscow; included will be a signed copy
of a letter from beatnick poet Royston Ellis to
Yevtushenko.

Cousins, Norman
Present Tense
1st ed., 1967
"For Warren with admiration."
also autographed in Japanese and English by Shigeko, one
of the Hiroshima Maidens
Cousins brought her here for the plastic surgery needed
after being hurt by the A-Bomb;
included is 2 May 1973 correspondence between Warren Allen
Smith and Cousins

Lardner, Ring Jr.
The Ecstasy of Owen Muir
1st edition, paper, 1977
autographed by Mr. and also Mrs. Lardner.
Lardner was one
of the "Hollywood Ten" that appeared before
Congressman Richard Nixon
and refused to name any Communists of the
1940s.

Harrison, Lou
Joys & Perplexities
1st edition, 1992
semi-hard, artistic cover, autographed
"With all best wishes to Warren Allen Smith" Author's
handwriting is a real art form.

Ferlinghetti, Lawrence
A Far Rockaway of the Heart
1st ed., 1997
signed Ferlinghetti
Very good condition

Rolling Stone Illustrated History of Rock & Roll
NY Random House 1976
Autographed on the cover photo of Ersel Hickey, composer
of "Bluebirds Over the Mountain,"
autographed to his recording engineer, Fred Vargas (my
business partner),
"To Freddie, Thank you and best wishes always."

GERMAN HELMETS – After having been stationed in France at the Little
Red Schoolhouse in Reims,
where the surrender was eventually signed, I brought these
helmets home.

#1 with Nazi symbol on the left side
No leather padding
Has never been cleaned and inside appears
rusty, possibly from blood

#2 German World War II helmet
padding may have a 60 written on it has never
been cleaned

I also brought a 15" x 20" propaganda photo of the 1940s, the kind
that was found throughout
war-torn France. It is a large photo of Hermann Goering that I
yanked from a Nazi
office in Chalons, France, 1944.

Finally, I have a Mauser pistol that I also brought back in 1944,
having it "fixed" in Greene County,
Iowa, by the sheriff to insure that it cannot shoot.

I have jpegs of all the above, if you are interested.

Warren Allen Smith
New York City

Old April 20th 04, 12:34 PM
Art Layton

SNIP This is NOT the place to advertise items for sale.

Warren Allen Smith
New York City