TROLL ALERT (Was Anyone with get scammed by Ebay book sellers?)

Old April 12th 04, 11:23 PM
Haunted River

Default TROLL ALERT (Was Anyone with get scammed by Ebay book sellers?)

Dear Fellow Booksellers / Collectors:

John Pelan has been obsessively stalking me across the internet for
months and he will screw up this site in that quest. He has set up a
malicious abuse site at Yahoo to coordinate this campaign (don't take
my word for it, join and see).

He recently stalked me into Bruce Tober's Yahoo booksellers site to
say this:

"You stupid c*nt, you wouldn't know an authentic signature if it were
tattooed on your ass. At least Michael Adams knows a little bit about
books.
When you get done sucking his cock, ask him why you're such a dismal
failure. As you seem to like this forum, shall I bring some of the
files from BAD MR
TOAD over here for others to enjoy?"

And:

"**** off, you disgusting little toad..... get back to your pamphlets
and wanking over the idea of famous authors poking you in the bum...
John"

Now he's harassing me here. If you object to Mr Pelan's trolling as
much as the people in Yahoo did, please contact the abuse team at
Google. His foul mouth has already decimated the group
alt.books.ghost-fiction and he tried his level best to ruin the Yahoo
Booksellers group.

TTFN,

Chris Barker
The Haunted River
www.users.waitrose.com/~hauntedriver
Old April 13th 04, 02:11 AM
Lawrence Person

How nice of you to out yourself with such a descriptive headline. Remember,
acknowledgement that you have a problem is the first step toward healing.

In article ,
(Haunted River) wrote:

John Pelan has been obsessively stalking me

Oh dear, it seems that you're mixing up your subject and predicate again.

across the internet for months

Yes, you have:

http://groups.google.com/groups?safe...ct=John%20Pela
n&as_uauthors=Haunted&lr=&num=100&hl=en

and he will screw up this site in that quest. He has set up a
malicious abuse site at Yahoo to coordinate this campaign (don't take
my word for it, join and see).

I was heretofore unaware of this site. Thank for letting me know about it! I've
signed up. Of course, I selected the option of receiving the group information
in digest format, since I imagine that there are so many ready examples of your
rather pathetic malice that I fear receiving each individual e-mail sent about
them would swamp my in-box.

"You stupid c*nt, you wouldn't know an authentic signature if it were
tattooed on your ass. At least Michael Adams knows a little bit about
books.
When you get done sucking his cock, ask him why you're such a dismal
failure. As you seem to like this forum, shall I bring some of the
files from BAD MR
TOAD over here for others to enjoy?"

So you created a sock puppet to pretend to be John Pelan making rude accusations
and comparing you unfavorably to your other sock puppet. We should care why?

More obscene sock-puppetry snipped.

Now he's harassing me here. If you object to Mr Pelan's trolling as
much as the people in Yahoo did, please contact the abuse team at
Google.

Yes, I have already reported your trolling to them. And I just forwarded your
latest missive to various addresses at waitrose.com as well. Of course, perhaps
you have a family connection that keeps you from being kicked off there.

"Apparently it would take far too much space to list the people Barker hates to
add the bunch." A well known bibliographer who had mentioned Mr. Barker's feuds
in his book as to why he could expand the information.

His foul mouth has already decimated the group alt.books.ghost-fiction

You're right, they should be added to the reply. Done.

Now to let you slip back into your well-deserved obscurity. Ta!
Old April 13th 04, 03:11 AM
John Yamamoto-Wilson

Bud Webster wrote:

I don't know if Lawrence is correct that Adams
is one of your sock-puppets

I very much doubt it. Michael Adams has a long history posting to
soc.culture.irish (some of it very informative). It seems unlikely that
anyone would go to such extremes to create an alternative identity.

--
John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com

Old April 13th 04, 03:53 AM
John Pelan

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:11:27 +0900, "John Yamamoto-Wilson"
wrote:

Bud Webster wrote:

I don't know if Lawrence is correct that Adams
is one of your sock-puppets

I very much doubt it. Michael Adams has a long history posting to
soc.culture.irish (some of it very informative). It seems unlikely that
anyone would go to such extremes to create an alternative identity.

I don't like Adams, but he's far too literate to be Barker.

Cheers,

John
Old April 13th 04, 02:41 PM
Haunted River

You are a stirrer. You've cross-posted this.

This is a rec.books thread. I originally posted on-topic. Your friend
Pelan flew in with a nasty post by way of perpetuating his vendetta.
You then cross-post it.

Pelan is a troll. No amount of crony-petitionning makes that untrue.
Old April 13th 04, 02:48 PM
Haunted River

wrote:

Bud Webster wrote:

I don't know if Lawrence is correct that Adams
is one of your sock-puppets

I very much doubt it. Michael Adams has a long history posting to
soc.culture.irish (some of it very informative). It seems unlikely that
anyone would go to such extremes to create an alternative identity.

I don't like Adams, but he's far too literate to be Barker.

Cheers,

John

Yet neither of us are as 'literate' as you:

Old April 14th 04, 10:25 AM
Haunted River

John Pelan wrote in message

1. I am me

Bloody shame, that.

and have NO sock puppets here or anywhere else.

Mikey Richards

The name I used to successfully infiltrate your sordid little abuse
site at Yahoo. It enabled me to prove to the world at large that you
are one sick little puppy. I'm proud of it.

Jonathan Harker

The name I always post under at Yahoo.

Harker is rather a famous character from a novel, by the way....

Agatha Runcible

This was temporarily one of my Ebay bidder names. Not a sockpuppet
name. I changed it because your crony David Anderson of nbooks kept
stalking me, remember?

Baskerville Hall

No, that was an old email address. About 5 years old.

Seaton's Aunt

Again, that was an old email address at a former house. Nothing
sinister there. Certainly not a sockpuppet.

OhThoseVileBodies

My current hotmail address. A widely known email address, not a
sockpuppet at all. (Gosh you are dim, arne't you?)

Professor Snape

My ABE handle used for posting on ABE boards. We all have them.

I'm sure there are others, but you really aren't interesting enough to
merit a closer look.

If I'm not interesting to merit a closer look, why do you stalk me
across the internet, and why did you personally set up two Yahoo sites
to coordinate that stalking?

For example:

Nah, it doesn't make any sense. You can't argue disinterest whilst
owning such a site. You must be lying.

You're a hypocrite too. Whilst I set up one sockpuppet - M Richards -
to infiltrate your abuse sites, I did not post maliciously. In
contrast the sock puppets you associate with / work post very
maliciously.

Keep trying.

CB