PCDA's feathers are ruffled it would seem.

Old March 22nd 04, 11:48 PM
JSTONE9352

Default PCDA's feathers are ruffled it would seem.

Lowell Horwedel in a letter to Bank Note Reporter complains about disturbing
information coming to the attention of the executive board the Professional
Currency Dealers Association concerning
statements made and charges leveled against the assocation in general and
some of its members in particular. The statements appearing in print in
various public internet venues as well as by considerable word of mouth
transmittal.

It looks like someone has been doing a goggle search or something and
dug up some old comments posted in this newsgroup. Yes, the organization
has been ripped pretty hard here in the past but nothing has been said for
probably the past 2 years or so.

Basically he says that any complaints should be filed within the proper
guidelines
of PCDA's code of ethics etc. That is all well and good but most of the long
ago complaints concerned PCDA's lack of dealing with the issue of "processed"
notes and not against particular dealers IIRC.

Old April 2nd 04, 03:34 AM
David Heinsohn

I read that article, and didn't know to what he was referring to. Do you
have any details ? Maybe the grading standards slipping and processed notes
during the recent years ?

David Heinsohn ANA SPMC

Old April 2nd 04, 11:48 AM
JSTONE9352

I read that article, and didn't know to what he was referring to. Do you
have any details ? Maybe the grading standards slipping and processed notes
during the recent years ?

It was a rather confusing letter.
Apparently someone or some people
have been badmouthing PCDA dealers (I'm guessing they googled up some comments
from the past from this newsgroup but I'm
not completely sure on that).
It was sort of like he was saying we are angry and not going to take it any
more and I'm thinking "angry about what specifically?".