That Star Wars poster...and the seller

Old December 12th 03, 04:06 AM
dahoov2

Default That Star Wars poster...and the seller

I emailed the seller to say I am turning his ass in. I am sick...
have you seen those other items? He's got a huge bid going on both
that poster and the Lord of the Rings one and also a Pirates one.
Those signatures are WAY off. You can actually see him struggling on
the Depp sig! My God... those three items total over a grand.
which is also not right. I looked at his other SW poster and even
Kenny Baker's sig is fake. STAY CLEAR of ultimatemovies

Old December 12th 03, 04:23 AM
dahoov2

I've turned his ass in. Now who's got the FBI email address?
Normally I don't go this far, but the bidder ID's are private... so
not wanting someone to spend hundreds on Christmas... I am doing it.

Old December 12th 03, 04:28 AM
Christianmusic14

go Sue.......!!!!!!!! That guys needs to have his ass kicked allright......lets
see if we cant do it....I'm gonna file a complaint as well
Old December 12th 03, 04:40 AM
GraphRackr

I've turned his ass in. Now who's got the FBI email address?
Normally I don't go this far, but the bidder ID's are private... so
not wanting someone to spend hundreds on Christmas... I am doing it.

You can call Agent Tim Fitzsimmons, who was in charge of Operation Bullpen at:

858-499-7814.
Old December 12th 03, 06:17 AM
EvilN8

I would suggest creating a fake account and bidding on it so that you can a)
get his contact information, and b) stop someone from spending a lot of
money or forgeries. - n8

Old December 12th 03, 06:34 AM
autographpros.com

Sorry, but on just the basis that the signatures on that poster are obvious
forgeries is a wasted call. Believe me when I say Tim has his hands full
and calling in on one seller of the 1000s is pointless without some
substantial evidence. Please don't take that statement as one to discourage
you or anyone else from trying to help the cause, but a little more effort
may actually get something done. Use the force Sue, contact as many of the
agents of any of these signatures and have them reply attesting to the fact
that the signatures are forged and could not possibly be his/hers. Then
contact Tim with some solid statements to back your claim. Even with that
it's not going to shut this guy down, but it may get the seller looked at
much more seriously and if you also request that any of these agents contact
eBay to have it removed, there is a good chance it will, especially because
I'm sure at least 1 of those stars is a member of the VERO program which
allows them to without warning end any item they see fit. Good luck.

--

Michael Kasmar
www.AutographPros.com

Old December 12th 03, 02:36 PM
dahoov2

LOL Evil, that's Evil!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:17:09 -0500, "EvilN8"
wrote:

I would suggest creating a fake account and bidding on it so that you can a)
get his contact information, and b) stop someone from spending a lot of
money or forgeries. - n8

.. .

Old December 12th 03, 02:46 PM
dahoov2

I looked at the Vero policy, but couldn't find the list... do you have
a list or know where there is a link to one?

Oh, you can't discourage me. I already contacted Ebay and gave them
"you'll not answer or do anything I am sure, but I am going to keep
nagging you about these sellers email and urging others to..." If
they get swamped with email, it might help in the future. Also, I
found a bunch of authenticators they advocate.... I will later (too
busy till after the holidays) emails a few of them and find out what
the relationship between them and Ebay is, and find out their
credentials. I have often thought several of us in this group are
probably qualified enough (at least as a whole or part) to give an
informed decision on something. At least something obvious as those
were yesterday. I have absoluted no doubt. What does one need to do
to be certified "autograph authenticator". I know on most I cannot
tell, but I can investigate enough these days to get a hell of a good
idea what's right and not... as a group, we sometimes post something
and no one disagrees... we all feel the same and it's obvious to all.
To me, that's proof enough.

You're right; you can't prove anything. However, a few celebs planted
here and there to vouch for their sig being fake might work. hmmmm

I was just mad about this one that Josh posted because it was
blatantly obvious to even a newer collector, it was going for a lot of
money and so were several others... the bidder ID's were "private"
(red flag here!) and it's Christmas. Someone is probably giving that
to someone unknowingly as a gift. That's the worst. A forger sells
fakes, passes it to uknowing people who pass it on to someone
reselling it... it stays in circulation because no one wants to throw
out anything they paid hundreds for! That is awful.

Old December 12th 03, 04:06 PM
autographpros.com

Here is one list of VERO members but clearly not complete.
http://www.uacc.org/bulletin21.htm

I know there's a list on eBay of all of them, I just can't seem to locate it
at this time.

Old December 12th 03, 04:13 PM
dahoov2

Thanks!