Backward, turn backward, O Time in your Flight

Old June 8th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

Default Backward, turn backward, O Time in your Flight

I just had some fun putting together a timeline about things old. I
stopped, for now, with the beginning of the Roman Empire. But I went
back ... a bit. It's the table about a third down this page titled
"Ancient Timeline":

http://rg.ancients.info/lion/article.html

Among the really "old" numismatic facts: The one numismatic metal
*not* made in supernovae explosions is aluminum. The rest, gold,
silver, copper, tin, zinc, nickel, and so on, were all formed before
the birth of Sun and Earth through "explosive nucleosynthesis" thought
to last only seconds when stars larger than about eight times the mass
of the Sun exploded at the end of their life, shining more brightly
for a few weeks than the 100 billion or so other stars in their
galaxies combined.

The coins we collect are star stuff. So are we, though we were formed
in a more pedestrian manner ... inside stars. Gold, deservedly so, is
the most valued commonly used numismatic metal. Color of the Sun, and
stars.

I recognize that this timeline is Western civilization-, human-, and
Earth-centric. I should do another from the perspective of coin
collecting on Alpha Centauri's planets.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old June 8th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Jun 7, 10:14?pm, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
[...]

Wow. Some time line. You must have read all of Will & Ariel. How
long did it take for you to put all of this together in a cohesive
form?

snicker
Anka

Old June 9th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:48:43 -0700, Anka wrote:

Wow. Some time line. You must have read all of Will & Ariel.

There you go with your allusions again. I haven't read The Story of
Civilization. It was written before my time. But feel free to share
your views of it with us.

How long did it take for you to put all of this together in a cohesive form?

A few days, maybe a week actually, working between other projects,
using both the Web and books, mostly the Web. I'm still having fun
with it, tweaking it here and there. I intend it as THE most important
events in the history of the universe. As I said I've stopped with the
beginning of the Roman Empire, for now. I've also started with the Big
Bang, though that also is unfulfilling. I need to figure out what
happened beforehand.

snicker

Right back at you, sister. honk, honk

Old June 9th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Jun 8, 7:06?pm, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

I haven't read The Story of Civilization. It was written before my time.

You read only books written during your lifetime? How *ever* did you
get through school?

snicker, anon
Anka

Old June 9th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Jun 9, 11:50?am, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:25:27 -0700, Anka wrote:
You read only books written during your lifetime? How *ever* did you
get through school?

Gotcha.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur:http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit:http://rg.ancients.info/bogos

A Goldsborough "gotcha." Ouch.

~Anka

Old June 9th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:47:16 -0700, Anka wrote:

A Goldsborough "gotcha." Ouch.

Sorry. Let me know how I can make it up to you. Just don't ask me to
give you any more coins.

Old June 10th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

oups.com...
wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:25:27 -0700, Anka wrote:
You read only books written during your lifetime? How *ever* did you
get through school?

Gotcha.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur:http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit:http://rg.ancients.info/bogos

A Goldsborough "gotcha." Ouch.

~Anka

Could be worse.
Could've been a Goldsborough "bingo!"

--
Jeff R.
(ewwww)

Old June 10th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Jun 9, 3:39?pm, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:47:16 -0700, Anka wrote:
A Goldsborough "gotcha." Ouch.

Sorry. Let me know how I can make it up to you. Just don't ask me to
give you any more coins.

Have I ever asked you for coins? Refresh my memory.

~Anka

Old June 10th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Jun 9, 7:15?pm, "Jeff R." wrote:

Could be worse.
Could've been a Goldsborough "bingo!"