Are mint prez bucks rolls going to be worth anything?

Old August 5th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
varois83

Default Are mint prez bucks rolls going to be worth anything?

Hi

I am not a speculator, neither a roll collector but I own the first 6
presidential rolls minty fresh from Philadelphia.
Shall I keep them ?
Or shall I trade them back at the bank and take the wife out for
dinner?
It seems a lot of bank don't order the new ones as they are backed up
with previous prez bucks releases, at least that's what they tell me.

Thanks for your help

Patrick
Old August 5th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

Why in the world would you drive to the bank and trade them back to take
your wife out to dinner? They are money and can be used to buy dinner.

I spend nothing but dollar coins and two dollar bills. Try it. Then get many
more rolls from your bank and spend them. Then they will order nmore of the
latest president every 3 months through 2016.

You may wish to save a roll or two of each so that late-comer collectors can
buy some from you at a slightly higher price. As with many coin
"investments", do not expect to become rich.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

Join the Revolution:
http://www.sirius.com

Old August 5th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Aug 5, 6:21*pm, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:
Why in the world would you drive to the bank and trade them back to take
your wife out to dinner? They are money and can be used to buy dinner.

I spend nothing but dollar coins and two dollar bills.

You're a real sport there, aren't you?
Old August 6th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
reality

On Aug 5, 3:35*pm, Voltronicus wrote:
On Aug 5, 6:21*pm, "Fred Shecter"

wrote:
Why in the world would you drive to the bank and trade them back to take
your wife out to dinner? They are money and can be used to buy dinner.

I spend nothing but dollar coins and two dollar bills.

You're a real sport there, aren't you?

LOL. I can imagine the tortured thoughts running through the minds of
various cashiers as they look up and see him standing in their line.

Something like "Ahhhhwww ******.....not *this* guy again".
Old August 6th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"varois83" wrote in message
Hi

I am not a speculator, neither a roll collector but I own the first 6
presidential rolls minty fresh from Philadelphia.
Shall I keep them ?

Curious. You say you're not a speculator or roll collector, yet you
presumably saved bank rolls of the first six presidential dollar coins.
There's gotta be a *little* bit of both qualities hidden deep down inside.

Or shall I trade them back at the bank and take the wife out for
dinner?

Had you been planning to pick up a roll from the bank each time a new issue
came out, but then decided not to bother after the first six? Unless you
really need the cash, why not just stash those six rolls away and take the
wife out anyway? You may change your mind again later about the dollars,
whether they can be unloaded for a premium or not. But the points you make
with the wife will always be a good investment.

Old August 6th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Aug 5, 6:15�pm, varois83 wrote:
Hi

I am not a speculator, neither a roll collector but I own the first 6
presidential rolls minty fresh from Philadelphia.
Shall I keep them ?
Or shall I trade them back at the bank and take the wife out for
dinner?
It seems a lot of bank don't order the new ones as they are backed up
with previous prez bucks releases, at least that's what they tell me.

Thanks for your help

Patrick

Let's put this into perspective. I've been saving a roll of P and D
Statehood Quarters since Delaware. Arizona has just reached my
banks. Alaska and Hawaii are all that remain. When completed I'll
have $1,000 face value in quarters, or taken another way, 40 complete
P & D collections that I can either sell off on fleabay or just save
for my descendents. Will they ever be worth more than face? Who
knows? Rumor has it that Graceland is interested in as many uncirc TN
quarters as they can get for their Elvis-decalled quarters.

To get back to your original question, rolls will probably only be
worth face, unless you get an error. After the program ends, you'll
have 25 sets of Presidental dollars. My opinion? It's your money; do
as you see fit. And as Bruce said, forget the dilemna about save or
spend; take the wife out and enjoy a quiet evening without the kids/
grandkids.

Jerry
Old September 7th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D[_4_]

Jerry Dennis wrote:
[...]

I don't know about dollars but some quarters are worth more than face.

http://www.jakesmp.com/BUY_prices/Bu...age_018_M.html

George

--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take
everything you have.

Old September 7th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Harv

"Kenneth Zinger" wrote in message
.. .
None of these coins will ever be worth little more than face value.

except for errors.. anyone holding shotgun rolls of the ones issued so far
should break them open and check for missing, doubled, overlapped, and faint
edge lettering.. there's also the one in a bajillion chance of an
edge-lettered blank planchet, or an edge-lettered Sacabuck lurking in
there.. the latter two would be worth moon money if you're lucky enough to
find one..

Harv

--
"MOST OF LIFE'S PROBLEMS CAN BE FIXED WITH WD-40 OR DUCT TAPE. IF IT
DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT MOVES AND SHOULDN'T, USE THE

Old September 8th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Harv" wrote in message

"Kenneth Zinger" wrote in message
.. .
None of these coins will ever be worth little more than face value.

except for errors.. anyone holding shotgun rolls of the ones issued so far
should break them open and check for missing, doubled, overlapped, and
faint edge lettering.. there's also the one in a bajillion chance of an
edge-lettered blank planchet, or an edge-lettered Sacabuck lurking in
there.. the latter two would be worth moon money if you're lucky enough to
find one..

Harv

Rather than opening my rolls gambling on that one-in-a-million edge error, I
place more stock in keeping them in original wraps. If I ever do want to
sell them, some flowery words about the possibilities of what errors may be
inside the unsearched rolls will always tempt enough buyers to make it more
worth my while. Otherwise, I agree that ten years from now the opened rolls
will yield $25 worth of coins.

Prez Dollars [email protected] Coins 2 March 3rd 08 01:30 AM
Got A Prez Buck today Model Citizen Coins 9 February 22nd 07 03:31 AM
THE PREZ BUCK zeek Coins 2 February 17th 07 06:27 PM
SAC Mint Rolls...What Year/Mint Mark is it?? Bandit Coins 2 June 17th 05 01:10 AM
six bucks six bucks, makes you money Babs BLK Paper Money 0 December 4th 03 04:25 AM