please help out!

Old August 7th 03, 02:51 AM
Ken In Texas

Default please help out!

I wanted to post this email here so maybe we can answer these questions
for this gentleman.

***************************************
Hello Ken,

This mail is from Leon http://www.flipper-pinball-fan.be I'm shure you
know my webside as you are a visitor of pinball and jukebox websites.

For the moment I'm creating a Jukebox website Jukebox-Fan ; as there
are very few real technical juke sites on the net with usefull general
technical information ( that's what i think..) I will translate my dutch
Juke site into English; A few things I'm not shure of only three words..
So please can you give me the exact English word for that ?

I give you a link to the page in Dutch , look further in the page for a
Photo of three condensers ( two yellow ones and an alluminium one ) just
under this photo is a drawing of a priciple schematic of a amplfier ..
Three components are circled in red , I'm not shure of the exact English
word for these, I suppose it will be
coupling condenser
kathode resistor
un-coupling condensor ??? or decoupling condenser here i heva real
doubhts ...

The page is here .. http://home.pi.be/~lb542366/jtechno/techno.htm

Hope you understand what i'm afther, and can help
regards Leon

***************************************
--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Old August 7th 03, 04:14 AM
Ken Doyle

We no longer call them condensers, they are capacitors.

The three in the picture are "electrolytic capacitors".

The ones circled on the schematic a
coupling capacitor
cathode resistor
decoupling capacitor

Hope this helps,
Ken D.

Old August 7th 03, 04:23 AM
Don Lanway

Condenser, capacitor, tube, valve, tomato, tomato...

I think I recall that across the pond they still refer to them as
condensers?

"Ken Doyle" wrote in message
We no longer call them condensers, they are capacitors.

---

Old August 11th 03, 04:18 AM
Tony Miklos

Mat wrote:

Nope! Capacitors over here in the UK. (Though if they are mentioned in
relation to valve amps etc, then sometimes "Condensers" is used.

Even here in the US, for old cars with points in the distributor, don't
go into an auto parts store and ask for "points and capacitor". They
will look at you funny. And no amount of reasoning will get them to
believe that a condenser is the same as a capacitor!

--
Tony

Mat

Old August 11th 03, 07:16 AM
Russel Willoughby

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:18:55 GMT, Tony Miklos
wrote:

Even here in the US, for old cars with points in the distributor, don't
go into an auto parts store and ask for "points and capacitor". They
will look at you funny. And no amount of reasoning will get them to
believe that a condenser is the same as a capacitor!

That's because they have no idea what a condensor is, or what its
function is. They only know that it's a mysterious electronic part
that needs to be there in order for the car to run.

(I'm sure there are a few auto parts salespeople out there who know
something about electronics, but they're the exception and not the
rule.)

Old August 12th 03, 01:24 PM
KLR

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:30:23 GMT, "Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner"
wrote:

or a goggomobile

(scottish accent here like in the advertisement)

"G-O-G-G-O...........its the dart - aye its a wee ripper"

why dont you try to get parts for a 1950s Roles Royce!!!
they really look at you funny G

Jim W

"Ron Lyons" wrote in message
om...
MOST I deal with in Charlotte, NC, don't even know that a condensor has
anything to do with the electrical system, if you're lucky, they think it
has something to do with the A/C system. The people around here are

pretty
horrible. all my cars are from the 60's or 70's, and it's a nightmare
getting them to give you the right part.

Ron