KERRY wants to BAN GUNS in AMERICA !!

Old October 21st 04, 01:36 PM
trippin28track

Default KERRY wants to BAN GUNS in AMERICA !!

JOHN KERRY'S 2 decade long U.S. Senate record of opposing SECOND
AMENDMENT rights makes him the most ANTI-GUN candidate in history !!!!
Here is the proof:

FACT: Kerry co-sponosors a bill that would ban all semi-auto shotguns
and detachable magazine semi-auto rifles, a gigantic step towards
over-zealous gun control in the USA. (Nov. 21, 2003)

FACT: Kerry has said: "I THINK YOU OUGHT TO TAX ALL AMMUNITION,
PERSONALLY, I THINK YOU OUGHT TO TAX GUNS" Nov. 7. 1993)

FACT: Kerry has voted NINE TIMES in favor of banning semi-auto
firearms (3 times in 1990, 2 times in 1993, 3 times in 1994, once in
2004)

FACT: Kerry has voted FOR a Ted Kennedy amendment to BAN MOST center
fire rifle ammunition, including the MOST COMMON ROUNDS USED BY
HUNTERS AND TARGET SHOOTERS. (March 2, 2004)

FACT: Kerry has voted to CLOSE OFF hundeds of thousands of acres of
the California Mojave Desert to hunting. (April 12, 1994)

FACT: Kerry has voted to hold the already HIGHLY REGULATED American
firearms industry legally responsible to acts of violent criminals.
(twice in 2004)

FACT: Kerry was 1 of only 18 Senators to oppose the Firearms Owners
Protection Act (July 9, 1985)

FACT: Kerry has voted to allow BATF to conduct unlimited warrantless
Gestapo-like inspections of FFL holders. (July 9, 1985)

FACT: Kerry has voted to CRIMINALIZE legal gun sales between private
parties at gun shows. (in 1999 and 2004)

FACT: Kerry has voted to impose penalties of $10,000 FINE and ONE YEAR
IN PRISON on an adult gun owner, if a juvenile STEALS said adult's
firearm and merely displays it in a public place. (in 1998 and 1999)

FACT: Kerry has voted to force many small gun dealers OUT OF BUSINESS,
which would have impacted the economy and availability of guns, ESP.
IN RURAL AREAS. (July 1993)

FACT: Kerry voted twice to ELIMINATE THE CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM
for our youth. (1993 and 1996)

FACT: Kerry wants to silence gun owners' freedom of speech- when NRA
sought the same exemption from campaign refinance rules that NEWS
ORGANIZATIONS have, Kerry called the effort "hijacking America's
airwaves".

FACT: Kerry commended the MILLION MOM MARCH in Washington that
included calls for GUN LICENSING, GUN REGISTRATION, and many other
restrictions on law abiding gun owners.

FACT: If elected president, Kerry will pack the U.S. SUPREME COURT
with Dianne Feistein/Chuck Schumer/Ted Kennedy-selected anti-gun
activists, who believe you HAVE NO RIGHT TO OWN ANY FIREARM.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM A KERRY PRESIDENCY:

1- A ban on all semi-auto shotguns, exactly the same type presented to
Kerry recently at a campaign stop.

2- A ban on ammunition, especially center fire rifle ammo.

3- A ban on all semi-automatic rifles.

4- Fewer firearms dealers and that means HIGHER PRICES for guns/ammo.

DEFEND FIREARMS- DEFEAT KERRY- VOTE GEORGE W. BUSH ON NOVEMBER 2

www.nrapvf.org
Old October 22nd 04, 12:06 AM
Bluemuse

Not that I believe an 8-track discussion group should be filled with political
ranting, but since the door was opened, I thought I'd post this that came in my
email today.

From today's Salon.com:

The blind leading the blind

Even if they don't like to say it out loud, lots of Democrats think that
George Bush's supporters are a horde of ignoramuses. Now comes evidence that
they're right! A remarkable new report titled "The Separate Realities of
Bush and Kerry Supporters" from PIPA, the Program on International Policy
Attitudes at the University of Maryland, suggests that rank and file
Republicans are more benighted than even the most supercilious coastal
elitist would imagine.

Analyzing data from a series of nationwide polls, the report finds that a
majority of Bush supporters believe things about the world that are
objectively untrue, while the majority of Kerry supporters dwell in the
reality-based community. For example, Bush backers largely think that the
president and his policies are popular internationally. Seventy-five percent
believe that Iraq was providing "substantial" aid to al-Qaida, and 63
percent say clear evidence of this has been found. That, of course, would be
news even to Donald Rumsfeld, who earlier this month told the Council On
Foreign Relations, "To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard
evidence that links the two."

Though its language is dispassionate, the report lays responsibility for
this epidemic of ignorance at the White House's door. "So why are Bush
supporters clinging so tightly to these beliefs in the face of repeated
disconfirmations?" it asks. "Apparently one key reason is that they continue
to hear the Bush administration confirming these beliefs."

Indeed, it says, "an overwhelming 82% [of Bush supporters] perceive the Bush
administration as saying that Iraq had WMD (63%) or a major WMD program
(19%). Only 16% of Bush supporters perceive the administration as saying
that Iraq had some limited activities, but not an active program (15%) or
had nothing (1%). The pattern on al Qaeda is similar. Seventy-five percent
of Bush supporters think the Bush administration is currently saying Iraq
was providing substantial support to al Qaeda (56%) or even that it was
directly involved in 9/11 (19%). Further, 55% of Bush supporters say it is
their impression the Bush administration is currently saying the US has
found clear evidence Saddam Hussein was working closely with al Qaeda (not
saying clear evidence found: 37%)."

These people aren't going to be swayed by the argument that Bush has
alienated American's allies and left the country isolated in the world,
because they don't believe this to be the case. "Despite a steady flow of
official statements, public demonstrations, and public opinion polls showing
that the US war against Iraq is quite unpopular, only 31% of Bush supporters
recognize that the majority of people in the world oppose the US having gone
to war with Iraq," the study says. Bush supporters also think that world
public opinion favors Bush's reelection. In a poll taken from September 3-7,
the study says, "57% of Bush supporters assumed that the majority of people
in the world would prefer to see Bush reelected, 33% assumed that views are
evenly divided and only 9% assumed that Kerry would be preferred."

In fact, a PIPA study released in early September found that a majority or
plurality of people from 32 countries preferred Kerry to Bush. PIPA surveyed
34,330 people, ages 15 and above, from regions all over the world. A Pew
poll released this spring similarly found that "large majorities in every
country, except for the U.S., hold an unfavorable opinion of Bush."

Bush supporters are also mistaken about the president's own positions (a
pattern of misapprehension that an earlier PIPA report also documented).
"Majorities incorrectly assumed that Bush supports multilateral approaches
to various international issues -- the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (69%),
the treaty banning land mines (72%); 51% incorrectly assumed he favors US
participation in the Kyoto treaty -- the principal international accord on
global warming... Only 13% of supporters are aware that he opposes labor and
environmental standards in trade agreements -- 74% incorrectly believe that
he favors including labor and environmental standards in agreements on
trade. In all these cases, there is a recurring theme: majorities of Bush
supporters favor these positions, and they infer that Bush favors them as
well."

According to the report, this reality gap is something new in American life.
"So why do Bush supporters show such a resistance to accepting dissonant
information?" it asks. "While it is normal for people to show some
resistance, the magnitude of the denial goes beyond the ordinary. Bush
supporters have succeeded in suppressing awareness of the findings of a
whole series of high-profile reports about prewar Iraq that have been
blazoned across the headlines of newspapers and prompted extensive,
high-profile and agonizing reflection. The fact that a large portion of
Americans say they are unaware that the original reasons that the US took
military action -- and for which Americans continue to die on a daily basis
-- are not turning out to be valid, are probably not due to a simple failure
to pay attention to the news."

The analysis says that the roots of this denial could lie in the trauma of
9/11 and people's desire to hold on to their image of Bush as a "capable
protector." It offers no guidance, though, on how ordinary Republicans might
be coaxed back to reality.

And while "The Separate Realities of Bush and Kerry Supporters" may be
perversely satisfying to Democrats in its confirmation of blue-state
prejudices, it carries a pretty disturbing question for all rational
Americans: How can arguments based on fact prevail in a nation where so many
people know so little?

-- Michelle Goldberg

--Bob Farace

"I only believe in fire." --Anais Nin
Old October 22nd 04, 06:47 PM
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:58:58 GMT, (Roger Blake)
wrote:

Ah, your liberal "love," "compassion," and "open-mindedness" is showing. snip

I love kicking Repukes in the nuts, I'm compassionate when they get
their asses beat in elections and I'm open-minded to ANY strategy
that'll deball these creeps.

As usual, the Left is guilty in spades of everything they accuse
conservatives of. snip

"Denial" isn't just a river in Egypt, you know...LOL!

Theirs is a hate-filled, gutter philosophy in which their
primary motivation is the desire to use the illicit power of the State
to forcibly impose their values on everyone around them. snip

Another paranoid delusional surfaces! I wonder how big his gun
collection is?

Don't like their biased media, such as Dan Rather portraying forged
documents as fact, or Michael Moore's illiterate spewage? snip

Those "forged documents" probably have Karl Rove's fingerprints ALLLL
over them. Moore's movie had a LOT of face interviews in it, or
didn't you even watch it?

Believe you
have the right to protect yourself? Then you are a "paranoid
delutional gun nut." snip

The line between protecting one's self and paranoid fantasies is VERY
thin these days...as is the spectre of "Soviet attitude." MORE
delusions. "We won the Cold War..." MORE delusions. We didn't "win"
it, it was a "war of attrition" and they ran out of sheckles before we
did...fact.

I really hope you liberal pukes get your tails whipped in this election
despite all of your best efforts at hoodwinking the American public and
your plans to steal the election. snip

MORE paranoid ranting. Is this Nudo under a different addy? NO
chance of a Bush landslide. The Dems have wisely abandoned the South,
home to America's lower side of the IQ bell curve and home to the
"christian talibaners," to concentrate on the libertarian-leaning
Southwest. Bush screwed up bigtime in Nevada. I just returned from
there, seeing a LOT of Kerry stickers and lawn signs in Reno, of all
places, a Repuke bastion for decades. Also, 3 of those 5 electoral
votes Nevada now has came from California transplants within the last
10 year census cycle...solidly Democratic. New Mexico will go for
Kerry. Add this to wins in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan, and
you have a real horse race. It'll be up to three states: Florida,
Ohio and...Colorado! Amendment 36 passes in Colorado, Kerry wins even
without Ohio. Do the math. This election's spoiler state: W.
Virginia, where a LOT of Steel Worker members got screwed by Bush's
phony steel tarriff gambit...they're not going to forget that soon.

(Gotta love your plans to allege
voter fraud where there is none, with 10,000 lawyers in "swat teams"
ready to swoop down in private jets to file the resulting lawsuits). snip

Bush/Cheney Inc. outspent Gore/Lieberman Inc. almost 20 to 1
persuading the Fed court and the Supremes to "appoint" Dubya. Anyone
with half a brain knows that American jurisprudence revolves around
ONE thing: money. Ain't going to happen THIS time; I've already
donated LIBERALLY to the post-election legal team fund, as have
millions of others. Fool me once, shame on me....

The sad thing is that even if you do ultimately lose you will ascribe
it to lies such as "Republicans suppressing the black vote" rather than
realizing that your outrageous conduct and inane core beliefs are
the problem. snip

Read the evidence. An official of the Repuke Party in Michigan was
QUOTED...not a lie, not a fabrication...that "our success in Michigan
will depend on SUPPRESSING THE BLACK VOTE." Look it up; it was in all
major US dailies. I'm SURE it didn't get reported on Faux News,
however!

Nice rant. Somewhat more literate than Nudo, but JUST as delusional.
Right wing lunacies such as "deregulation" and "globalization" hurt
one part of the population almost exclusively...working Americans, yet
right wing crazies promote these frauds like Nudo promotes fraudulent
alignment tapes. Anyone who knows their history KNOWS why these
Repuke frauds are harmful. Do some reading OTHER than what's on the
right wing loony reading list!

dB
Old October 22nd 04, 10:57 PM
trippin28track

are you ever in for a surprise come Nov. 2, better think about what
country you're gonna be moving to...or get back in the closet.
Old October 23rd 04, 03:15 PM
trippin28track

I'm not a "right wing" extremist, D-Bob.

My family were STAUNCH DEMOCRATS since the early 1900's, and voted for
FDR 4 times, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter.

When Clinton embraced the GAY COMMUNITY, ABORTIONISTS, RADICAL
FEMINISTS and ATHEISTS, my family starting voting REPUBLICAN. Even
though they are all still registered DEMOCRAT.

I was always registered INDEPENDENT since 1992. Pa. is a big time
HUNTING state and we value our GUN RIGHTS here.

Under Kerry's proposed GUN BANS, we would have to pay taxes on our
ammunition and guns we already own. Our semi automatic pistols,
rifles, shotguns would be OUTLAWED, and have to be turned in and
DESTROYED. That includes a Browning Auto-5 my dad got as a kid for
grouse/pheasant hunting- a family heirloom. My wife's 22 auto
target/self defense pistol. My own 22 auto plinking rifle. And a few
more.

The Browning Auto-5 that was presented to KERRY recently while on
campaign, in West Virginia, would be OUTLAWED under his own bill he
tried to get passed.

You figure that out. And the guy has the nerve to go GOOSE HUNTING in
Ohio to try to cover all this up recently. We're not buying the
charade he puts on.

NO WAY. Wake up and realize the gun issue is a LOSING POLITICAL ISSUE
for Kerry, and the Clinton people even agree to that fact.
Old October 23rd 04, 06:22 PM
FritzTheCat

Look, you can post all of the asshole posts you want as long as it is
8 track related- but keep the politics off of the list, please. All
you are doing is making the republicans on this list question their
choice..