Worth 350,000? I can't afford it...

Old March 24th 04, 04:24 PM
Patrick Rose

Default Worth 350,000? I can't afford it...

Comments? TIA.

Old March 24th 04, 04:28 PM
K6AZ

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:24:13 GMT, "Patrick Rose" wrote:

Comments? TIA.

You would think this firm would figure out how to do better images.
I have seen two other images of this coin, and it is quite spectacular.
The principals of this firm post over on the PCGS board, and became
quite offended when I mentioned their poor images.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old March 24th 04, 04:30 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:24:13 GMT, "Patrick Rose" is
alleged to have written:

Comments? TIA.

We had a thread on that coin last week. It's actually MUCH better in person
(I've seen it) than the photo suggests.

Is it worth $350K? Put it up for auction and see! My bet is that it wouldn't
quite reach that mark.

Bruce

Old March 24th 04, 04:34 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:28:55 -0500, K6AZ is alleged to
have written:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:24:13 GMT, "Patrick Rose" wrote:

Comments? TIA.

You would think this firm would figure out how to do better images.
I have seen two other images of this coin, and it is quite spectacular.
The principals of this firm post over on the PCGS board, and became
quite offended when I mentioned their poor images.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm

Laura is a real character, isn't she? :-)

Bruce

Old March 24th 04, 04:48 PM
K6AZ

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:34:28 -0500, Bruce Hickmott wrote:

Laura is a real character, isn't she? :-)

She is one of the most arrogant, egotistical people in the coin business.
I have gone round and round with her at times over on PCGS.

Get this, in the thread over there, she said they didn't have the time to
spend 30 minutes to get a good image of this coin.

Old March 24th 04, 05:45 PM
Keith Fletcher

Eric thus spake:

Get this, in the thread over there, she said they didn't have the time to
spend 30 minutes to get a good image of this coin.
--

Geez. If the good image gets an extra $50,000 for the coin ... that's
$100,000 per hour ... I'd work for that hourly wage. Heck I'd work for

--K

Old March 24th 04, 05:49 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:48:19 -0500, K6AZ is alleged to
have written:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:34:28 -0500, Bruce Hickmott wrote:

Laura is a real character, isn't she? :-)

She is one of the most arrogant, egotistical people in the coin business.
I have gone round and round with her at times over on PCGS.

Get this, in the thread over there, she said they didn't have the time to
spend 30 minutes to get a good image of this coin.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm

For a$350K coin, I'd have made the time. But that's just me.

"One of the most"?!? Who's in the same category as she is? I can't think of
anybody else who comes close.

Bruce (Not counting Read. ;-) )

Old March 24th 04, 05:52 PM
Keith Fletcher

Plus people should realize that one of the nicest things a person can do for
your is give you constructive criticism, especially when $350,000 is on the
line and that person really knows his stuff.

--K

Old March 24th 04, 06:05 PM
K6AZ

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:52:24 GMT, "Keith Fletcher" wrote:

Plus people should realize that one of the nicest things a person can do for
your is give you constructive criticism, especially when $350,000 is on the
line and that person really knows his stuff.

--K

If you want some giggles, read the thread over on PCGS:

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=271928

Old March 24th 04, 11:31 PM
JSTONE9352

Laura is a real character, isn't she? :-)

She is one of the most arrogant, egotistical people in the coin business.
I have gone round and round with her at times over on PCGS.

I have seen her picture in Coin World.
Scary looking and with a "don't mess
with me" expression on her face.
Yuck.