UN Flags and mounting

Old March 19th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default UN Flags and mounting

In the 1980's The UN issued several sets of flag stamps, 16 stamps per
set/year in no particular order. I usually mount my stamps by Scott
number. These stamps I chose to mount in alphabetical order. I had to
wait until the last issue to accomplish this.
The UN is now is issuing Flag and Coin stamps in a like manner,
however these stamps issues are for Geneva, New York and Vienna.
Mounting these stamps by Scott number is not a way go because each
uses different numbers. Alphabetical again is what I am looking at but
I just hate to wait ten years to mount this issue, I may not be around
that long. Maybe I should forget about collecting this issue.
I had problems with the 1880;s alphabetical system, for instance; El
Salvador, Federal Republic of Germany and Sultanate of Oman. I listed/
mounted these as Salvador, Germany, Federated Republic and Oman,
Sultanate of.
I may not be politically correct but it keeps me happy. Ukrainian SSR
= Ukraine, SSR, Lao PDR = Laos, PDR, Syrian Arab Republic = Syria,
Arab Republic and Byelorussian SSR = Belarus SSR.
Yes I know it is my collection and I can do it anhyway I want to.
Anyone care to comment?

Ralph
Old March 20th 10, 09:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
jerry

Hi Ralph,

Are you breaking up the UN blocks? If so do the following.

If you are using Scott album pages, Scott makes a stock page for the
album. Just put the stamps in that and they are mounted and you can
move them around as you please. If not Scott, just have a 'temporary'
album of stock sheets for these issues. When complete mount the
stamps in your album, or stay with the temporary. Take a look at:

http://www.subwaystamp.com/departments.asp?dept=9

Jerry B
Old March 21st 10, 12:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Mar 20, 5:04*am, jerry wrote:
Hi Ralph,

Are you breaking up the UN blocks? *If so do the following.

If you are using Scott album pages, Scott makes a stock page for the
album. *Just put the stamps in that and they are mounted and you can
move them around as you please. If not Scott, just have a 'temporary'
album of stock sheets for these issues. *When complete mount the
stamps in your album, or stay with the temporary. *Take a look at:

http://www.subwaystamp.com/departments.asp?dept=9

Jerry B

Thanks Jerry.
I never use any kind of albums or pages because they seldom fill my
needs. They cost too much and quite often have spaces that I would
never fill.
I did buy a Harris US Supplement some years back, 17 pages and I threw
13 in the trash. One stamp had spaces for all the formats, single,
plate block, and some more.
Not for this OLD boy.
I do use the stock sheets for storage but ten years is too long to
wait for completion.

Thanks again for the input

Ralph