Identifying 2 stamps from Asia (China/Taipeh)

Old March 12th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
mpstamps

Default Identifying 2 stamps from Asia (China/Taipeh)

Hi,

I have no idea about these two stamps. Is the yellow a fiscal or
something similar? And what about Kahin Taipeh?

Thanks for help.

Best wishes

Manuel

http://cjoint.com/?dmtVNodQfx

http://cjoint.com/?dmtWljbysK
Old March 12th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

The first is a Chinese Customs Revenue
that exists apparently with possibly over 20,000 differing opts
on this 1913 set of 5 stamps.
My example is a 10c orange, however your example is the same design
but a different printing and looks yellowish.

HTH

Old March 12th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Mar 12, 1:48*pm, mpstamps wrote:
Hi,

I have no idea about these two stamps. Is the yellow a fiscal or
something similar? And what about Kahin Taipeh?

Thanks for help.

Best wishes

Manuel

http://cjoint.com/?dmtVNodQfx

http://cjoint.com/?dmtWljbysK

The second looks like a publicity label from
a company or merchant in Taipei, Taiwan.

These were often affixed to packages of products.

Blair

Old March 13th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Goodness! I would be no good in a police recognition lineup,
I thought that was Mao.

"Blair (TC)"

Old March 13th 10, 10:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Mar 13, 11:04*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
Goodness! I would be no good in a police recognition lineup,
I thought that was Mao.

"Blair (TC)"
The second looks like a publicity label from
a company or merchant in Taipei, Taiwan.

These were often affixed to packages of products.

Blair

The first is indeed a revenue. It's overprinted for Shantung/Shandong
Province (outermost at top), '3rd district' (at bottom) and probably a
place name for which I can only make out the first character 'Chih/
Zhi' (middle at top).

The second seems to be a publicity label, as Blair has suggested. The
top two characters are probably 'Kahin', in a dialect I don't know -
probably one of the Fukienese/Fujianese dialects used in Taiwan. The
bottom characters would mean something like 'superior market'.

Tony
Old March 13th 10, 11:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
mpstamps

Thank you all for your help.

Best wishes

Manuel
Old March 14th 10, 08:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

A small correction: the first character in the town name on the
revenue stamp is probably 'Ji' in Pinyin. (Apologies: I didn't learn
Pinyin originally, and I still slip up with it occasionally.)