Worst Ad Seen So Far

Old June 17th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

Default Worst Ad Seen So Far

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-1911-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Gives you a headache just looking at it.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old June 17th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

"tony cooper" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-1911-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Gives you a headache just looking at it.

It could be worse; like light pink on white. g

After wading through tons of text that was bold and underlined I saw this
gem:

"Please read the information below prior to placing your bid. The following
30 minutes could save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars."

30 minutes of reading just to bid on an item. No thanks...

Old June 17th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"PC" pointed out something absolutely hilarious:
After wading through tons of text that was bold and underlined I saw this
gem:

"Please read the information below prior to placing your bid. The
following 30 minutes could save you hundreds, if not thousands of
dollars."

Mercy! What a hoot!

Amistad
'don't have even *three* minutes for that!'

Old June 17th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"tony cooper" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-1911-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Gives you a headache just looking at it.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

It is very very bad. Billy

Old June 17th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
steve

actuly it didn't take me too long to read through it at all, and what the
guy said is the absolute truth, most all the seller on ebay are over
grading by at least 2 grades some frigging morons are over grading by 4
grades and the even bigger morons are bidding on them. I happen to like
what the guy has to say, not that i have alot of time to read all his ad but
he isn't lying He has nice large macro photos showing great detail. some
selllers show a coin from 3 feet away or they are fuzzy and even tehn , they
get bids.

just my two cents worth

sr

Old June 17th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

He can't be criticised for his views but if he made it a lot shorter a lot
more people would read it. Billy

k.net...

Old June 17th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:06:52 GMT, "steve"
wrote:

actuly it didn't take me too long to read through it at all, and what the
guy said is the absolute truth, most all the seller on ebay are over
grading by at least 2 grades some frigging morons are over grading by 4
grades and the even bigger morons are bidding on them. I happen to like
what the guy has to say, not that i have alot of time to read all his ad but
he isn't lying He has nice large macro photos showing great detail. some
selllers show a coin from 3 feet away or they are fuzzy and even tehn , they
get bids.

just my two cents worth

It isn't what he has to say that makes the ad so bad...it's layout,
type size, use of color, underlining, etc. You shouldn't have to
scroll around the ad to see what is being offered. The ad shouldn't
visually assault you.

Present the product, a readable description, and then add any
comments. Let those who are interested in the comments continue, but
let those who are just interested in a coin easily see what is
offered.

Most buyers of this type of coin already know and agree with what is
being said, and are reading an ad only to see if they want to bid on
this specific item.

.. .

Old June 17th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
kathy1945

I think that dizzying array of pictures is deceptive. The light on
the coin is hiding much of the true nature of the surface. He
couldn't quite disguise the gouge on the cheek, and of course the edge
mess-up has to be acknowledged. Just MY two cents.

Kathy

Old June 17th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"tony cooper" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-1911-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Gives you a headache just looking at it.

Normally, ads like this contain myriad errors of spelling, syntax,
punctuation, and vocabulary. At least this one seems to be relative free of
those problems. Please do not infer from this observation that I like the
ad. 8)

James

Old June 18th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
"tony cooper" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-1911-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Gives you a headache just looking at it.

Normally, ads like this contain myriad errors of spelling, syntax,
punctuation, and vocabulary. At least this one seems to be relative free of
those problems. Please do not infer from this observation that I like the
ad. 8)

James

Hmm. Yes

Also, why is the coin right now at $560 when Greysheet ask for AU58 is
only $355?

Mike

The Worst ANA Scandal Yet Mike Marotta Coins 7 September 14th 06 03:09 AM
Worst pen ever: Ancora Xiaoding Pens & Pencils 2 May 18th 06 06:39 AM
Worst Buy Darren Garrison Paper Money 4 March 9th 05 11:09 PM
Best and Worst Signers [email protected] Autographs 9 February 7th 05 05:27 PM
The best and the worst, musings DOGGIE104 8 Track Tapes 1 July 29th 03 12:29 PM