Converting home Bubbler replica to IPOD or 100 CD changer.

Old March 25th 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Michael Lenardon

Default Converting home Bubbler replica to IPOD or 100 CD changer.

Has anyone tinkered with these new ultra cheap jukeboxes.

http://www.familyrecroom.com/rockola...kebox-p-7.html

I ordered one to hack up to put in a games room. I don't want to mess with
my original 100 CD Rockola bubbler or NSM City II 45 juke.

I figure these should be easy to modify to take an IPOD, MP3 hack, or a
bigger CD mech. Apparently it has the same cd player as the crosley and it
made in the same factory. Unit does not have bubbler tubes though but for
$1000 less who cares.

$429 for 2/3 scale juke is pretty sweet.

Michael

Old March 25th 07, 11:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
mmplain[_2_]

A little jukebox replica with only a 3 disc changer and a couple 10 watt
speakers for almost $500 (with shipping) does not sound like a sweet deal
to me.

Old March 26th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

http://www.familyrecroom.com/rockola...oor-size-neon-...

www.cdadapter.com

Old March 26th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
mike

I have seen those and they look like a big trinket. I wouldn't give $50 for
one. It just looks cheap

For a full sized jukebox the iPod interface would be cool and certainly
do-able depending on how polished you want it to be. Wurlitzer already has a
model with the holder. Might be an interesting add-on if it was available to
buy as an upgrade kit:

http://www.deutsche-wurlitzer.de/ind.../archive/1313/

ups.com...

Old March 26th 07, 11:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

No kidding, Mike!
I'm surprised that it doesn't have a picture of Elvis and Marilyn Monroe
painted on the side!
Unless I REALLY needed the bubbler look for some reason, I would find a
modern CD juke with a messed up mech for a few hundred bucks on Ebay and
convert it.

"mike" wrote in message
. ..
I have seen those and they look like a big trinket. I wouldn't give $50 for
one. It just looks cheap

For a full sized jukebox the iPod interface would be cool and certainly
do-able depending on how polished you want it to be. Wurlitzer already has
a model with the holder. Might be an interesting add-on if it was
available to buy as an upgrade kit:

http://www.deutsche-wurlitzer.de/ind.../archive/1313/

ups.com...

Old March 26th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

It would not be to hard to add a headphone jack to about any jukes mute
and input to plug the ipod into . all removable . I plan to do this to
some of the jukes i sell .

Old March 26th 07, 03:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Seeburgs Rule!

someone should make an adapter for the ipod it wouldn't be hard (the cd
one is out there) they make adapters for the ipod to connect to the home
stereo with remote control so you can choose the song ect (also Boom boxes
with remote)

so make one that the ipod would respond to the keypad of the juke, with a
video ipod you can load movies in it and hook it to a TV monitor choose
your # and watch a video from your juke

food for thought just don't eat a classic!

jim w

Old March 27th 07, 01:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Mar 26, 10:28 am, "mike" wrote:
I have seen those and they look like a big trinket. I wouldn't give $50 for
one. It just looks cheap

You would be horrified to hear then that some Australian operators
have been converting these things (which sell for about $900 here)
into commercial wall mounted jukeboxes and putting them in bars etc

For a full sized jukebox the iPod interface would be cool and certainly
do-able depending on how polished you want it to be. Wurlitzer already has a
model with the holder. Might be an interesting add-on if it was available to
buy as an upgrade kit:

http://www.deutsche-wurlitzer.de/ind.../archive/1313/

ups.com...

Old March 27th 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
stbann

Jukebox /Wallbox to iPod conversion kits are in final development
right now. They will be available shortly. You'll see it first at
cdadapter.com.

~Ann Marie
http://www.cdadapter.com

Old March 28th 07, 03:21 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Michael,

Rock-Ola / Antique Apparatus has an iPod docking station for the Nostalgic line of jukes. Which version of the Bubbler do you own? If it is the Sybersonic series with the yellow amp, it will plug-n-play. Let me know if you would like to order one.