Converting home Bubbler replica to IPOD or 100 CD changer.

Old March 29th 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
COL J. F. Burleson

Default Converting home Bubbler replica to IPOD or 100 CD changer.

Will this work on a Wurlitzer OMT w/100 CD changer?

John Burleson
Knoxville, Tennessee
"DRebber" wrote in message
news

Michael,

Rock-Ola / Antique Apparatus has an iPod docking station for the
Nostalgic line of jukes. Which version of the Bubbler do you own? If
it is the Sybersonic series with the yellow amp, it will plug-n-play.
Let me know if you would like to order one.

--
DRebber

Old March 30th 07, 03:32 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

John

This is not a conversion to iPod, but a docking station that utilizes the Background Music inputs on the amplifier.

"Instantly, add thousands of songs to your Rock-Ola Nostalgic jukebox. This easy to install kit allows you to play any iPod Shuffle, Nano, or Standard up to 60GB. Now your friends and family can play their favorite tunes without replacing CDs. When CDs are not being played, the jukebox automatically switches over to the iPod dock. A handy Remote Control is included to Start, Stop, Skip or Replay iPod tracks. The dock even re-charges most players when the jukebox is on.

The kit includes a wood-finished docking base, remote control, plug-in cables, and power cube. Installation takes just a few minutes and requires only a screwdriver. The kit fits all Rock-Ola Digital SyberSonic Nostalgic Jukeboxes with a yellow amplifier."

The above text is from the RO website. It's merely an option to add to the juke. Therefore, if you have BGM capabilities, I would guess it should work with any make of juke. HOWEVER, since it specifies the yellow (digital) amp, there may be caveats.

Last edited by DRebber : March 30th 07 at 03:33 PM. Reason: additional information
Old March 31st 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
COL J. F. Burleson

Thank you... I appreciate the explanation.

I guess I'll do some further checking into this.

I did notice that Wurlitzer has introduced an iPod OMT. Maybe they'll
eventually come out with a similar device like RO's to be able to plug an
iPod into an existing 100-CD changer OMT.

Thanks again for the info.

John

news

Old April 9th 07, 12:24 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

This docking station will work with any amplifier that has background music inputs and it will not create any problems. I have tried this with my Rock-ola bubbler and it has "orange" electronics. It goes off without a hitch.

There is also room inside most jukes to hold a modern 300 CD deck or for that matter a number of different sources.