*Ping* Ira

Old April 6th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default *Ping* Ira

I included the 1880-S Morgan I bought from you in a group of coins I
submitted to PCGS to be graded. You had estimated MS64. It came back
(drum roll) MS65. I thought it would. You probably did, too, but didn't
want to overstate it. (For the rest of the group - this coin was part
of a collection that Ira had bought.)

I also submitted some 1890-O and 1880-O. Nothing special. The 90's came
back MS63 (what I expected) and the 80 came back AU58 -- surprised me.
I expected a MS63/64. I'm glad no one bought this when I tried to sell
it on eBay. I said it as MS62/63. It shows sellers can be wrong, even
when they are trying to be honest.

Anita

Old April 6th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

e wrote:

nice job, a.

I guess this means that the Pt members *do* still get regular service,
instead of economy. PCGS received the coins on March 13 -- about 3
weeks. Not bad.

Anita

Old April 6th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 5 Apr 2006 18:09:21 -0700, "
wrote:

I included the 1880-S Morgan I bought from you in a group of coins I
submitted to PCGS to be graded. You had estimated MS64. It came back
(drum roll) MS65. I thought it would. You probably did, too, but didn't
want to overstate it. (For the rest of the group - this coin was part
of a collection that Ira had bought.)

I also submitted some 1890-O and 1880-O. Nothing special. The 90's came
back MS63 (what I expected) and the 80 came back AU58 -- surprised me.
I expected a MS63/64. I'm glad no one bought this when I tried to sell
it on eBay. I said it as MS62/63. It shows sellers can be wrong, even
when they are trying to be honest.

Anita

Ira is a very *Conservative* Grader. He once Sold me an 1891-CC Morgan
that he thought was a SOLID MS61 with an outside shot at MS62. I
submitted it to PCGS and it came back MS63!!! I was quite happy!!

Gary

Old April 6th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 5 Apr 2006 20:06:05 -0700, "Ira" wrote:

wrote:
I included the 1880-S Morgan I bought from you in a group of coins I
submitted to PCGS to be graded. You had estimated MS64. It came back
(drum roll) MS65. I thought it would. You probably did, too, but didn't
want to overstate it. (For the rest of the group - this coin was part
of a collection that Ira had bought.)

snip
Anita

I'm glad you did well with it, Anita!

Whenever I sell raw coins, which is not often, I try to be conservative
so that no one is disappointed. Torina Cobra (Gary) bought a CC dollar
from me out of that same collection and he also got a point higher than
I had described it. I like stories like that!

Ira

DANG! Ira beat me to it!!

Gary