coin collection at auction

Old April 5th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default coin collection at auction

There will be a coin collection sold at a public auction on Saturday,
April 22, Arthur, Illinois. The auction will begin at 9:00 AM. The
coin collection will be auctioned off at Noon.

Location: 1 3/4 mile north of Rt. 133 on the Arthur/Atwood Road.
Watch for signs.

You can see a complete sale bill at:
http://members.aol.com/buttonldy/auctionbill.tif

Hope to see some of you there!!
Lisa

Old April 5th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Lisa,

How about putting "FA" in front of this commercial post? Huh? And
your "complete sale bill" merely describes this coin collection as a
"coin collection." Not much help there, so I doubt if many members of
this newgroup will head over from the UK, Denmark, Turkey, etc. to
Arthur, Illinois to compete for it.

Old April 5th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Bob wrote:

Lisa,

How about putting "FA" in front of this commercial post? Huh? And
your "complete sale bill" merely describes this coin collection as a
"coin collection." Not much help there, so I doubt if many members of
this newgroup will head over from the UK, Denmark, Turkey, etc. to
Arthur, Illinois to compete for it.

Firm, yet cordially succinct. If I could dance to it - I'd give it a
ten.

--

JMark

X11 [R6?]
Old April 5th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

JMark wrote:
Bob wrote:

Lisa,

How about putting "FA" in front of this commercial post? Huh? And
your "complete sale bill" merely describes this coin collection as a
"coin collection." Not much help there, so I doubt if many members of
this newgroup will head over from the UK, Denmark, Turkey, etc. to
Arthur, Illinois to compete for it.

Firm, yet cordially succinct. If I could dance to it - I'd give it a
ten.

If you are talking about `dance' then you should be using the
appropriate scoring method where a `six' signifies perfection.

As for me, if I were judging, i'd give it a `Cinq point sept'. OK, maybe
that's a bit strict but I see room for improvement in the artistic merit
side. While the delivery was very fluid in the main, the "huh?" conveyed
a certain `unpolishedness' IMHO. A distraction from the otherwise
perfect message as it were.

Nevertheless, a very worthy performance. I think we can all reasonably
expect great things from this poster in the future.
Old April 5th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Blush.

Bob Leonard

Old April 6th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ian wrote, in part:
As for me, if I were judging, i'd give it a `Cinq point sept'. OK, maybe
that's a bit strict but I see room for improvement in the artistic merit
side. While the delivery was very fluid in the main, the "huh?" conveyed a
certain `unpolishedness' IMHO. A distraction from the otherwise perfect
message as it were.

Nevertheless, a very worthy performance. I think we can all reasonably
expect great things from this poster in the future.

So will you be at the auction Ian? Just a short puddle jump away for you.

My best,

KV

Old April 6th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Xnt023 kvestal1 wrote:
Ian wrote, in part:

As for me, if I were judging, i'd give it a `Cinq point sept'. OK, maybe
that's a bit strict but I see room for improvement in the artistic merit
side. While the delivery was very fluid in the main, the "huh?" conveyed a
certain `unpolishedness' IMHO. A distraction from the otherwise perfect
message as it were.

Nevertheless, a very worthy performance. I think we can all reasonably
expect great things from this poster in the future.

So will you be at the auction Ian? Just a short puddle jump away for you.

My best,

KV

Knowing my luck i'd turn up to find that the wonderous collection was a
150 or so separate lots of Brit pre-decimal pennies, half pennies, brass
threpences, and copper nickel 6d's, shillings, florins and half crowns
.....interspersed with a few Churchill crowns to make it `interesting'.
Now that would really make it worth the price of the ticket and time....

On the upside, I might turn up to find some of those `to die for' coins
going for a song because no-one else could be bothered to make the
effort......what a dilema eh?

Now then, the kind of collector I am means that I do take some
occasional gambles. However, I think my gamble will be to stay at home
on this occasion. Methinks the odds are in favour of doing so....besides
i'm skint.

cheers from RightPondia

Ian