REAGAN ON A DIME?

Old December 7th 03, 11:31 PM
Tony

Default REAGAN ON A DIME?

What do you all think about Reagan on the Dime? Or who would you prefer?
Tony

Old December 7th 03, 11:58 PM
beekeep

Old December 8th 03, 12:41 AM
joseph d'allesandro

I would prefer to see FDR stay on the dime.

Why the rush to change images?

Before long (6 more years), Lincoln will be the first president to
appear on a coin for a century.

If politics and corporate interests stop getting in the way, the same
could be possible for Washington and FDR, and I don't think that's bad.

The rush to put Reagan on a regular issue coin is getting tiresome
already. If such politically motivated pushes for coin changes keep up
the pressure, we might see these pushes for change coming from every
segment of the political spectrum.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure we aren't seeing this right now.

joey

Old December 8th 03, 02:22 AM
Keith Fletcher

Liberty.

--K

Old December 8th 03, 06:54 AM
Wheeler

Tony wrote:

What do you all think about Reagan on the Dime? Or who would you prefer?
Tony

I say keep Reagan at home where he should be, with his wife.

Roscoe. Email: Ebay- 1Wheeler,
Old December 8th 03, 12:14 PM
Blaine

Me!

Old December 8th 03, 06:20 PM
Bob Flaminio

Tony wrote:
What do you all think about Reagan on the Dime? Or who would you
prefer?

Bad idea, and continues the unfortunate precedent of putting dead
presidents on coins. We need to get back to Liberty, but seeing as how
there's so little liberty left in the US anyway, I don't see it
happening soon.

--
Bob

Old December 9th 03, 06:48 AM
Harv

"Tony" wrote in message
What do you all think about Reagan on the Dime? Or who would you prefer?
Tony

John Lennon.

Old December 10th 03, 12:57 PM
Jerry Dennis

Not Reagan. Just the letters "PC," since Congress is intent on keeping dead
presidents on our coins, anyway. This way you can imagine anyone of your
choosing on the dime.

For me, though, Liberty.

Jerry
My trime's worth (inflation, ya know).

"Tony" asks:

What do you all think about Reagan on the Dime? Or who would you prefer?

Reagan to replace FDR on dime?? Vector Coins 65 December 13th 03 07:11 AM
2003 Dime error? Shystev99 Coins 2 November 15th 03 09:03 PM
FA USA 1795 Half Dime Flowing Hair No Reserve $1 start michael @ worldwidecoins Coins 3 October 7th 03 07:42 AM
FA: 1838 partial drapery dime + more Barry K Coins 0 September 7th 03 04:47 PM
Foreign Coins Jason Ditz Coins 1 July 23rd 03 03:25 AM