Is there a way to moderate this group after all these times?

Old March 4th 08, 04:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Is there a way to moderate this group after all these times?

I wonder if we need a moderator. Will anyone do it? Posts like the
"you like being screwed" are not needed here. People like that need
to be in killfile.
Old March 4th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Todd F.

No way to really do it here, but those who can, can take responsibility to
make the member not be allowed elsewhere.

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com

Old March 4th 08, 07:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Todd F.

Basically, people send me original photos, books, dvd covers, action
figures, albums etc..etc..etc.. to get signed with special inscriptions,
color of sharpie requests, get specific photos etc..etc.. I'm good friends
with the promotor and his son in law. Tommy won't do what I do. He sends
people to me with requests. He will just get signed photos with a basic
inscription. I go all out. That's why people have been having me do this for
them over ten years. The people I help do the same for me at other
conventions.

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com

"Rich Davis" wrote in message
.. .
"Sue H" wrote in message
I wonder if we need a moderator. Will anyone do it?

Someone would have to have a lot of free time to do that. I left the
moderated group because some dirtbags managed to sneak in. Why are people
paying someone to get autographs at the show when you can just pick them
up
online after the show is over? Is it to get special items signed or
personalized?

Old March 4th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

In most cases, both the personal item and the personalization, that would not come with the after-con purchased picture, are the reasons. When I work at Trek Expos, I have had special items sent to me to get autographed. They have ranged from personal pictures to action figures. If you live in East Texas, like I do, there really is no chance of a celeb walking down Main Street. LOL Since most of the cons take place on the coasts, this is really the only way to get your items signed. As it's been stated, I have had instances where the guest would not sign the particular item or cancelled out. The fee paid to me, and the cost of the autograph, were fully refunded because and the item returned, of course. I'm not taking sides, but I just recently did a con transaction with Todd and everything went smoothly.

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old March 4th 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Can we get them at shows after? That would be AWESOME. I only know
of the Showmasters people (Autographica specifically) who do that but
they charge a HEFTY premium. I would love to see shows offer these
after cons for same price or liek Todd does, up to $5 more. Discount
if you buy a lot though. Especially on UK shows as the dollar is so
weak. For example, I want an autograph at a UK show and it's only
15.00 but after shipping and the exchange rate and Pay Pal fees, I am
spending a good 45.00! That's too much for some of them.

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:20:54 -0800, "Rich Davis"
wrote:

.. .

Old March 4th 08, 07:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

that's cool. I would agree with the other guy if it were me. I've
done this for people and I do not mind if less than 10 people to do
what you do, but for large amounts, no way am I lugging and being
responsible for all that. If something gets lost or bent, you're
responsible. You've been very fortunate so far if you've not had
problems. I learned the hard way and so now would just get generic
items if I don't know someone or a lot of people.

Old March 4th 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I think that's the problem. We don't know who the powers that be are!

Sometimes, many moons ago, this way of communicated was started by one
person. Probably back in the early 80's. Who was that!

Old March 4th 08, 11:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

There is no way as I know to moderate alt.collecting.autographs.
This was one of the main reasons why I formed the yahoogroup:
AutographDC.

Chip