What does your stamp area look like?

Old June 13th 05, 05:29 AM
wolfb

Default What does your stamp area look like?

We have been here before with mixed responses as some of you will remember.
I thought I'd try this again and see what happens. I think it will be fun.
Included are links to photos of my main areas.

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/stampdesk.jpg

This is my stamp desk. You will notice for your viewing pleasure a page
open of my Sweden collection. It shows a couple of custom pages I made.
Nothing great. You can also see the stamp tongs I use, my Michel German
catalog with notes on translation and the open bag of hinges to the left of
the lamp. To the right is my main 8X magnifier and my favorite tool, the
Thor Stamp Press (plastic, circa 1980). Included as well are some stamp
packets I'm working on (listing on eBay) and a couple calculators. Most of
the other stuff are just tools for shipping and general office things.

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/compdesk.jpg

This is my computer desk. I like to keep it pretty plain. To the far right
is my scanner, to the left is my printer and in my "work space" is my
reference catalog for my main area of collecting. I keep updates on CV by
going to the library periodically and copying my latest area of interest.
You might notice the bottle of Excedrin next to the monitor (comes in handy
on those late nights) and the stack of "stickies" next to it that I make
notes of my current wants. I try to keep most stamp off this area except
when scanning as there tends to be coffee and other nasties present from
time to time here, just to be safe.

I hope you ejoyed my virtual tour and I'd like to see yours.

Wolf-==-

Old June 14th 05, 02:08 AM
Rodney

http://cjoint.com/data/godaODMCE2.htm

Old June 14th 05, 02:23 AM
Krash

far too neat and tidy for a real stamp desk or computer station!!! you must
be abnormal.. :-) kk

Old June 14th 05, 02:25 AM
Krash

ps, clocks are not allowed in stamp rooms, it is where you go to loose
yourself, and it is not fair you know when it is 4am and time for bed......
kk

Old June 14th 05, 03:15 AM
wolfb

Yeah, KK...I appreciate your comments. The thing about my stamp collecting
is that I'm to the point where I can only afford put a few stamps in at a
time. My wife laid down the law years ago when I had an entire room in our
house stacked with boxes and tables covered with various parts of the
collection. When I first started I bought everything I came across (that I
could afford and sometimes not) and have literally spent the last 20 years
organizing it and getting rid of the stuff I didn't want to collect. There
were some tough decisions to make along the way, but now I'm fairly
comfortable with the my 12 or so albums and stock books that house the major
parts of my collection. Of course you always have that miscellaneous
cigar/shoe box of stuff that you "will eventually get to", but for the most
part I have specific stamps that I go after to fill in the holes. I haven't
purchased a large multi-stamp collection in years, although I do have one
I'm checking into right now. So you see, my stamps space serves my purposes
quite well. Besides the desk is actually about 5X3, the snap only shows
about 1/3 of it. In addition I have 2 levels of shelves above that wrap
around an 8x4 area that house my albums and literature. As for being
"abnormal", I have yet to meet a stamp person that isn't. Some more than
others.
The Best!!!
Wolf-==-