Jim Weaver is alive

Old October 23rd 07, 02:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Default Jim Weaver is alive

Dear group,
The rumor started a while back about Jim Weaver. He is alive. I
received an email post from him
today, and he's doing good. I won't name the person who started that
rumor, though.

Chip
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/autographdc

Old October 23rd 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

What a horrible rumor to post. Why did someone start that I wonder!

Old October 23rd 07, 10:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

chip1057 wrote:
Dear group,
The rumor started a while back about Jim Weaver. He is alive. I
received an email post from him
today, and he's doing good. I won't name the person who started that
rumor, though.

Chip
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/autographdc

Glad to hear that! When to post showed up here saying he passed away I
didn't know what to say. All the time we post about the passing of a celeb,
but when it's one of the collecting family it hits even harder. I'm glad to
know Jim is still around contributing to the hobby.

Best,
Bill

Old October 24th 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

I won't name the person who started that
rumor, though.

why not? name and shame I say

Old October 24th 07, 06:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

I just received an e-mail from Jim Weavers son informing me Jim Weaver
who printed the address list I was trying to get back up passed away
last week. He will be missed!
More options Oct 13, 9:51 pm

Newsgroups: alt.collecting.autographs
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:51:52 -0700
Subject: JIM WEAVER ADDRESS LIST--BAD NEWS
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:51:52 -0700
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
I just received an e-mail from Jim Weavers son informing me Jim
Weaver
who printed the address list I was trying to get back up passed away
last week. He will be missed!

I did receive an e-mail to Jim Weaver passing away but later found out
is was from a competitor address list. I was trying for several weeks
to get Jim Weaver to print his address list again then I got the e-
mail. I feel it was a spoof e-mail. If Jim Weaver contacts me
directly at I will foward him the e-mail I
received with header so he can deal with the person who is saying this
about him.

Old October 24th 07, 07:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i wasn't trying to out you or anything...i was just re posting it
because you said that his son told you he had passed away. that's
pretty definitive.
mike

Old October 24th 07, 07:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Jim gave me an okay to post that someone fon StarTiger posted this
rumor.

Chip

On Oct 24, 12:22 am, "Mr Black"
wrote:
I won't name the person who started that
rumor, though.

why not? name and shame I say

FS: 1984 "Weaver On Strategy" Earl Weaver 1st Edition Book [email protected] Baseball 0 June 26th 06 10:49 AM
RIP Dennis Weaver Sue H Autographs 1 February 27th 06 05:53 PM
FS: 1984 "Weaver On Strategy" Earl Weaver 1st Edition Book [email protected] Baseball 0 June 12th 05 11:39 AM
FS: 1984 "Weaver On Strategy" Earl Weaver 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Baseball 0 November 22nd 04 05:48 AM
FS: 1984 "Weaver On Strategy" Earl Weaver out-of-print Book Jim Sinclair Baseball 0 July 28th 03 06:43 AM