FA: 1916 D Mercury Dime graded PCGS GOOD 06!!!

Old March 1st 04, 03:50 AM
Fred

Default FA: 1916 D Mercury Dime graded PCGS GOOD 06!!!

Hey everyone,

Newly listed from my personal collection.

Have a look see at:

Thanks,

Fred

Old March 1st 04, 05:21 PM
Coin Saver

From: "Fred"

Have a look see at:

Says you won't take PayPal ... leaves me out ...

8-[

Coin Saver
Old March 1st 04, 05:25 PM
Fred

Well, I normally accept paypal, but with something this highly priced, I
can't bear to imagine how much they will take from me.

Sorry,

Fred

Old March 1st 04, 05:47 PM
J. Craton

From: "Fred"

Have a look see at:

Says you won't take PayPal ... leaves me out ...

8-[

Coin Saver

Couldn't you take your PayPal debit cart to the ATM and withdraw the
money and buy a money order?
I too LOVE using paypal but there are other options if you have a
premier account.

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Old March 1st 04, 06:09 PM
K6AZ

From: "Fred"

Have a look see at:

Says you won't take PayPal ... leaves me out ...

Fred, if you come back and read these replies, please take this advice:

On anything you mail that is worth over $400, do not send any way other
than registered mail. First class or priority mail with blue insurance stickers
and high postage are beacons to the less than honorable contractors who
carry a lot of the mail between cities.

Also, proofread your auctions before listing them. I personally am unconftable
bidding on expensive items when the listing contains a lot of misspelled words.

--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old March 1st 04, 06:12 PM
K6AZ

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:47:08 -0800, "J. Craton" wrote:

Couldn't you take your PayPal debit cart to the ATM and withdraw the
money and buy a money order?
I too LOVE using paypal but there are other options if you have a
premier account.

No, because PayPal and the bank will hit you for a total of $2.50.

Here is the trick though, and I use this method to get cash without
paying any more than the fees PayPal charged me for taking the
payment. You can take your PayPal debit card to the post office
and buy a money order with it. Then take the MO to your bank
and cash it. You only pay the 90¢ it costs for the MO.

Old March 1st 04, 07:56 PM
DONDI3

In article , K6AZ
writes:

Fred, if you come back and read these replies, please take this advice:

On anything you mail that is worth over $400, do not send any way other
than registered mail. First class or priority mail with blue insurance
stickers
and high postage are beacons to the less than honorable contractors who
carry a lot of the mail between cities.

Also, proofread your auctions before listing them. I personally am
unconftable
bidding on expensive items when the listing contains a lot of misspelled
words.

--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm

PIC insurance does not require any stickers to be attached. They use a
manifest (list of items sent, to whom and value) and bill from that. They're
much cheaper than USPS insurance and don't attract any attention. Registration
for a $400 item is prohibitively expensive (around $10) and delays shipments
considerably since each employee must sign for the item. It is VERY secure,
but relatively slow and expensive. I only use it over $1500 (my current PIC
max) or for otherwise irreplaceable items.

Frankly, I'm considering raising my self-insurance limit, also. Well, packaged
and legibly addressed USPS shipments fail less than 1/4 of 1% of the time in my
experience. I use signature delivery ($1.30) for most items in between $300
and the $1500 PIC limit...delivery confirmation from $50 to about $300 (online
it's free). PIC seems happy with that. Only filed 2 claims on total of 3
shipments lost in over 2 years w/ PIC (let a few small ones go w/o using
insurance)

Dondi3

DONDI enterprises. BUY, SELL, TRADE. RARE COINS & PRECIOUS METALS
Member COINNET, CSNS, ANA, INA, MOON, ILNA.
Old March 1st 04, 08:13 PM
Michael R

"Fred" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

Newly listed from my personal collection.

Have a look see at:

Thanks,

Fred
To add to the list of critics, No way I send a 16 D dime out uninsured.
No opional ins. Send it insured or registered.

--
Michael R
ANA #173222

Old March 1st 04, 08:16 PM
Michael R

"K6AZ" wrote in message Also, proofread your
auctions before listing them. I personally am unconftable
bidding on expensive items when the listing contains a lot of misspelled

words.

I will admit that I cannot spell worth a dime (a 16 D) :P
but I only found 1 misspelled word..."rediculous" That ain't bad.

--
Michael R
ANA #173222