Professional opinion needed

Old October 27th 03, 03:29 PM
Bob Ingraham

Default Professional opinion needed

Well, this morning is going really well! Apologies X 100 squared! Oh well,
it's a Monday, and daylight time has vanished. Glad we were on Double
Daylight Time, as they were in the war.

So, anyone have an opinion?

Bob

From: Bob Ingraham
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:17:22 GMT
Subject: Professional opinion needed

Hi Darren,

I'm not sure I should be asking you this; it's kind of like asking a doctor
at a cocktail party about the pain you've been having in your abdomen. But
here goes:

I have an opportunity to obtain what is described as (and looks like) an XF
MNH block of 40 of Scott #233, the 1937 3¢ Carmine KGVI. See attachment. I
can probably get it for about US $12 including postage. The auction closes
tomorrow morning at 5:00 a.m. The catalogue value is given as US $34, but
that must be based on single stamps.

Question: Is it likely to sell better than that in an auction? If you say
yes, and I buy it, and lose money, I *will* still speak to you! :^) I
suspect that it's a common enough stamp that I might or might not get my
money back. But I don't know. Maybe you do!

Bob

Old October 27th 03, 03:44 PM
Grandpa

Well, if you have a Piñon in one hand and 2 Piñons in the other hand,
what do you have?

A difference of opinion!

(Piñons are also known as Pine Nuts, verrrrrry common, popular and
expensive in the Southwest but very good too.)

Speaking of opinions, If a man is out in the woods and there is nobody
around to hear him, and he states his opinion, is he still wrong?

Sorry - I'm having a rather fine morning myself. Coffee is spectacular
today!

Old October 27th 03, 05:05 PM
Bob Ingraham

From: Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:44:45 -0700

Well, if you have a Piñon in one hand and 2 Piñons in the other hand,
what do you have?

A difference of opinion!

(Piñons are also known as Pine Nuts, verrrrrry common, popular and
expensive in the Southwest but very good too.)

Speaking of opinions, If a man is out in the woods and there is nobody
around to hear him, and he states his opinion, is he still wrong?

Sorry - I'm having a rather fine morning myself. Coffee is spectacular
today!

And a fine opinion it is! And you didn't need to remind me of piñon nuts. I
used to pick them fresh off trees in the Piños Altos Mountains near Silver
City. I have never seen the piñon nut commemorated on a stamp, so you can
feel safe from at least that particular topical collection. Probably.

Bob

From: Bob Ingraham
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:17:22 GMT

[...]

Unless you really need 40 copies of that
1 stamp, why bother? There is NO premium
on this partial sheet, not even a corner
block is to be seen.

It could take you a LONG time to sell
these, on a one-by-one basis, at a
profit. Of course you could use them
as postage to philatelist friends.

Blair

Old October 28th 03, 02:06 AM
Dave

tsk, tsk Bob you are so naughty today posting a binary here. As punishment
a fennec will poop in your shoes tonight.
Dave.

Old October 28th 03, 02:44 AM
Bob Ingraham

From: "Dave"
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:06:44 GMT

tsk, tsk Bob you are so naughty today posting a binary here. As punishment
a fennec will poop in your shoes tonight.
Dave.

Finally! I'm sure that will be a relief to my family. The dog started
chewing on one of my shoes the other night and passed out! What nerve!

boB

Opinion needed Sammy Sosa sig dahoov2 Autographs 0 November 29th 04 05:39 PM
WEBSITE UPDATE - TONS OF SCANS Todd F. Autographs 3 July 21st 04 06:01 PM
Opinion Needed Please ynotan Coins 0 June 25th 04 01:52 PM
(opinion needed) Truman Capote - In Cold Blood Alexandre Cloutier Books 1 April 27th 04 04:16 AM
* PART 1 - ACTION PACKED to PACIFIC - MAKE ME AN OFFER!! * MIke Bird Football (US) 0 November 9th 03 04:25 AM