Blue Label NGC Slabs.......

Old February 10th 04, 04:42 PM
Gary Loveless

Default Blue Label NGC Slabs.......

Has anyone else seen these? It seems they are for AU/BU coins They
have a blue label and are nicknamed "Slider Slabs" ........

Regards,

Gary

Old February 10th 04, 05:06 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Gary Loveless wrote:

Has anyone else seen these? It seems they are for AU/BU coins They
have a blue label and are nicknamed "Slider Slabs" ........

Regards,

Gary

Were on HSN when I watched last night. (Lucky they were on in the 10
minutes before I screamed in pain at the price for 'valuable AU Morgans').

Alan
'slabbed to order: one grader, one finalizer'
Old February 10th 04, 06:39 PM
The Fausts

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
Gary Loveless wrote:

Has anyone else seen these? It seems they are for AU/BU coins They
have a blue label and are nicknamed "Slider Slabs" ........

Regards,

Gary

Were on HSN when I watched last night. (Lucky they were on in the 10
minutes before I screamed in pain at the price for 'valuable AU Morgans').

Alan
'slabbed to order: one grader, one finalizer'

Hey, it's not HSN's fault that coin collectors don't realize that coins are
worth far more than we think, and that they're ALL rare.

"Slider Slabs" sounds like a term for White Castle burger containers.

Eric

Old February 10th 04, 06:49 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Gary Loveless wrote:

Has anyone else seen these? It seems they are for AU/BU coins They
have a blue label and are nicknamed "Slider Slabs" ........

Regards,

Gary

Were on HSN when I watched last night. (Lucky they were on in the 10
minutes before I screamed in pain at the price for 'valuable AU Morgans').

Alan
'slabbed to order: one grader, one finalizer'

Hey, it's not HSN's fault that coin collectors don't realize that coins are
worth far more than we think, and that they're ALL rare.

"Slider Slabs" sounds like a term for White Castle burger containers.

Eric

If memory serves (and these days, no guarantee is being offered on that
score) it came out to $40 per common date AU Morgan. The pitch was that
NGC had done a volume discount certification. HSN offered up a
wheelbarrow of Morgans, asked for them to separated and certified either
AU or BU, using only "one grader and one finalizer" rather than a full
caucus of Experts, and these were the result. Our Host described them
as 'Sliders, a term that any dealer knows means that the coin could
slide between the two grades, AU and BU'. I always have associated it
with cabinet wear, but I guess either definition is now acceptable.

Alan
'calculated Bullion and passed'
Old February 10th 04, 09:06 PM
The Fausts

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message

If memory serves (and these days, no guarantee is being offered on that
score) it came out to $40 per common date AU Morgan. The pitch was that
NGC had done a volume discount certification. HSN offered up a
wheelbarrow of Morgans, asked for them to separated and certified either
AU or BU, using only "one grader and one finalizer" rather than a full
caucus of Experts, and these were the result. Our Host described them
as 'Sliders, a term that any dealer knows means that the coin could
slide between the two grades, AU and BU'. I always have associated it
with cabinet wear, but I guess either definition is now acceptable.

Alan
'calculated Bullion and passed'

Did the term "slider" originally refer to a coin showing cabinet friction?
That would make some sense, since sliding is the cause.
Nowadays the term is consistently used to refer to a coin with just the
slightest wear (the kind a person of naughtiness might try to pass off as
Unc.).

Eric

Old February 10th 04, 09:37 PM
Gary Loveless

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:06:08 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
wrote:

Gary Loveless wrote:

Has anyone else seen these? It seems they are for AU/BU coins They
have a blue label and are nicknamed "Slider Slabs" ........

Regards,

Gary

Were on HSN when I watched last night. (Lucky they were on in the 10
minutes before I screamed in pain at the price for 'valuable AU Morgans').

Alan
'slabbed to order: one grader, one finalizer'

That is where I saw them too!!! Doesnt NGC usually use FOUR diffrent
graders when slabbing a coin?? I noticed on the "Slider Slabs" they
did not give a number grade, either AU or BU. Does NGC do this just
for HSN?? HSN should be ashamed of the prices they charge for the lots
they sell on tv!! Sometimes 100% ++ of real market value!! They sure
do have alot of proof sets!!!!!!

Gary

"HSN is not the coin collectors friend, only the speculative coin
investor!!"

Old February 10th 04, 09:38 PM
Gary Loveless

Gary Loveless wrote:

Has anyone else seen these? It seems they are for AU/BU coins They
have a blue label and are nicknamed "Slider Slabs" ........

Regards,

Gary

Were on HSN when I watched last night. (Lucky they were on in the 10
minutes before I screamed in pain at the price for 'valuable AU Morgans').

Alan
'slabbed to order: one grader, one finalizer'

Hey, it's not HSN's fault that coin collectors don't realize that coins are
worth far more than we think, and that they're ALL rare.

"Slider Slabs" sounds like a term for White Castle burger containers.

Eric

Always heard that the White Castles were nicknamed "Aluminum
Huts....."

Gary

Old February 10th 04, 09:39 PM
Gary Loveless

Gary Loveless wrote:

[...]

Not a Morgan Dollar collector, eh Allen??

Gary

Old February 10th 04, 09:46 PM
The Fausts

"Gary Loveless" wrote in message
"Slider Slabs" sounds like a term for White Castle burger containers.

Eric

Always heard that the White Castles were nicknamed "Aluminum
Huts....."

Gary

I hadn't heard that one before, but the burgers themselves are widely known
(with good reason) as sliders.

Eric
'a.k.a. belly bombers'

Old February 10th 04, 10:35 PM
Gary Loveless

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:46:05 GMT, "The Fausts"
wrote:

"Gary Loveless" wrote in message
"Slider Slabs" sounds like a term for White Castle burger containers.

Eric

Always heard that the White Castles were nicknamed "Aluminum
Huts....."

Gary

I hadn't heard that one before, but the burgers themselves are widely known
(with good reason) as sliders.

Eric
'a.k.a. belly bombers'

I am originally from Central Indiana, where White Castles are all over
the place, but here in South Florida there aint none..well unless you
goto Winn-Dixie or Publix and buy them in the frozen
section........speakin of freezin' how are all you yankess doing this
time of year?? as I write this its 5:30 pm and a crisp 78 degrees
outside.........

Gary

'can hear the ocean on a good day...and the CSX...."

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM