Great website!!!

Old September 9th 05, 10:31 AM
Lillianne

Default Great website!!!

Look at my great website http://www.kaartenstalletje.com

Lillianne
Old September 14th 05, 08:20 AM
Paul Jones

Yep. Its a website. Here's another one!
http://cedar-astrononmers.org

Good luck.

Lillianne wrote:

Look at my great website http://www.kaartenstalletje.com

Lillianne

Old September 14th 05, 08:04 PM
David French

All I get is a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Old September 14th 05, 08:19 PM
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:04:13 +0100, David French wrote:
All I get is a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Yes, but it's a nicely _rendered_ error message, isn't it?

Out of curiousity, do you blindly click on any random weblink you see?
It's just a matter of time before that causes problems one way or
another, if you're running an insecure operating system.
Old September 14th 05, 08:23 PM
David French

All I get is a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Yes, but it's a nicely _rendered_ error message, isn't it?

Out of curiousity, do you blindly click on any random weblink you see?
It's just a matter of time before that causes problems one way or
another, if you're running an insecure operating system.

No, I rarely follow links on messages, but I have a keen
interest in Astronomy, so made an exception this time.

I have a fully up-to-date AVG protection system running,
and nothing had slipped through yet!!

Regards,

David.

Old September 14th 05, 08:36 PM
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:23:59 +0100, David French wrote:

( I wrote )

Out of curiousity, do you blindly click on any random weblink you see?
It's just a matter of time before that causes problems one way or
another, if you're running an insecure operating system.

No, I rarely follow links on messages, but I have a keen
interest in Astronomy, so made an exception this time.

Seems reasonable.

I have a fully up-to-date AVG protection system running,
and nothing had slipped through yet!!

It's as good as the commercial ones, and better than the popular two.
Good choice!
Old September 15th 05, 08:55 PM
David French

Out of curiousity, do you blindly click on any random weblink you see?
It's just a matter of time before that causes problems one way or
another, if you're running an insecure operating system.

No, I rarely follow links on messages, but I have a keen
interest in Astronomy, so made an exception this time.

Seems reasonable.

I have a fully up-to-date AVG protection system running,
and nothing had slipped through yet!!

It's as good as the commercial ones, and better than the popular two.
Good choice!

.....and it's FREE!!

David.

Old September 17th 05, 12:38 PM
David French

I have a fully up-to-date AVG protection system running,
and nothing had slipped through yet!!

It's as good as the commercial ones, and better than the popular two.
Good choice!

....and it's FREE!!

Then use FireFox as the browser, steeing OFF auto linking, ex-site imagery
and files, etc. and you should be darn near bullet proof!

Oh, yes, add in Zone Alarm (also free) to prevent online port probing from
reaching through.

Hmmm.... I had problems with Zone Alarm on my last system.

Old September 17th 05, 02:29 PM
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:24:34 -0700, J A Mc wrote:

Then use FireFox as the browser, steeing OFF auto linking, ex-site imagery
and files, etc. and you should be darn near bullet proof!
Oh, yes, add in Zone Alarm (also free) to prevent online port probing from
reaching through.

Or, just switch to anything other than Windows, that works too...
Old September 18th 05, 06:08 AM
Dave Hinz

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:07:36 -0700, J A Mc wrote:
On 17 Sep 2005 13:29:57 GMT, Dave Hinz found these
unused words floating about:

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:24:34 -0700, J A Mc wrote:

Then use FireFox as the browser, steeing OFF auto linking, ex-site imagery
and files, etc. and you should be darn near bullet proof!
Oh, yes, add in Zone Alarm (also free) to prevent online port probing from
reaching through.

Or, just switch to anything other than Windows, that works too...

Not very practical when thousands are invested in software.

VirtualPC helped me over that temporary barrier until I found there
really aren't any gaps in native Mac software anymore. Sure, you might
be using a different _brand_ of software, but even MS office runs native
on Mac these days.

Even more so when you have clients using windoze and you -must- be
compatible with them.

Well, again, this is a common misconception. But, to some people the
learning curve is intimidating and I appreciate that. It's really not
that bad, though, and once you get there you'd wonder why you waited.

But anyway, we're a bit off-topic...