GM: Laughing stock

Old August 15th 06, 03:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default GM: Laughing stock

On 14 Aug 2006 18:40:19 -0700, "Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE
ROAD" wrote:

You don't know the diff between a Pontiac and Olds 455 though... snip

Oh?

Olds engines I've owned and/or worked on:

"Old" Rocket:
303 ('53 Olds 98 Holiday Coupe...rare)
324 ('55 Super 88 Starfire convert)
371 ('57 with J-2 pack...put the J-2 manifold on car above.)
394 ('62 Starfire coupe)

"New" Rocket:
330 (various, never owned one)
350 ('70 Delta 88 with 2.56 rear end...26 MPG!)
400 ('69 4-4-2, code W30)
425 ('66 Dynamic 88)
455 (one g/f's '70 Delta 88 Royale and another's '69 98)

Pontiac engines I've owned and worked on:

287 (Grandma's '55 Star Chief)
316 (My '56 GMC ¾ ton with HydraMatic)
347 ('57 Star Chief convert...shoulda kept that!)
389 (various...'64 Bonneville I had the longest, also pizza **** '66
GTO...worst car Pontiac ever sold)
421 (HOT STUFF! '64 Grand Prick, lousy RotoHydraMatic)
326 ('64 Tem-****ed...piece of garbage, sold in a week)
(Also, uncle's pizza chit '67 Fireturd...a real joke of a car)
350 (g/f's '73 Fireturd...worse joke than above)
400 (Neighbors' '70 Catalina sedan)

....and, the one, the only, "half a 389" Tempest 194 slant 4...complete
with 2 speed rear transaxle!

NEVER had or worked on a Pontiac 455. They were NOT common.

Pontiac V8s maintained their basic configuration all the way from
their introduction in 1955 (Grandma had a 4 bbl 287 in her '55 Star
Chief) through to the end, when GM "Chevrolized" Pontiac for good.
Oldses had two distinct families...the original "Rocket" from '49
through '64 (303/324/371/394) and the "Little Rocket" that was
expandable (330/350/400/425/455).

Yeah, I know my engines, Noodles. And I know that piece of ****
Potty-tank you took a picture of is a white trash hot rod! ****, if
you're going to build something like that, at least DO IT RIGHT! That
thing looks like some jr. high school auto shop project the kid got a
"D" on. One Holley double pumper on a ram manifold...snicker!
Old August 15th 06, 03:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 14 Aug 2006 18:29:54 -0700, "Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE
ROAD" wrote:

no, you're WRONG AGAIN- Pontiac destroked the 400 to 366 for NASCAR
racing in 1972, I have a complete crank, rods, and pistons for one.
very rare and expensive. I picked up that rotator from the same guy I
got my RA V heads from. snip

Must be VERY rare.

ditto, you'd never know about them- they made 303 for Trans Am road
racing, and 366 for NASCAR- Grand National stock car CID limit at the
time was 366

http://www.answers.com/topic/pontiac-v8-engine

Ram Air V
(303, 366, 400, 455)

In 1969 Pontiac created several versions of their "tunnel port" engine:
a special short-deck version of the V8 for Trans Am racing and a 400
standard deck version. The factory also experimented with 366 and 455
in³ versions. The cylinder head was patterned after the highly
successful Ford 427 tunnel port head. So large were the intake ports
that the pushrods ran through the center of the ports via pressed-in
tubes.

303 - The revised engine had shorter connecting rods, smaller 2.5 in.
(63.5 mm) journals, special "tunnel port" heads, and a solid-lifter
version of the 400's Ram Air IV camshaft. It shared the 4.125 in (104.8
mm) bore of the 400, but with a 2.84 in (72.1 mm) stroke for a
displacement of 303 cu. in. (5.0 L). The short-deck engine weighed
about 40 lb (18 kg) less than the 400, and had an 8000-rpm redline. The
303 program was promising, with race-ready engines producing 475-525 hp
(354.4-391.7 kW) and slated for advertised ratings of 355 hp in the
Pontiac Firebird and 375 hp for the Pontiac GTO. Concerns about
emissions, the response of the automobile safety lobby, and the
warranty implications of a high-revving street engine led to its
cancellation. About 80 were produced, and none were installed in
production cars.

VERRRRRRRRRRRY interesting...but the 303 never happened. I guess the
366 really did!
Old August 15th 06, 12:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

ROAD" wrote:

[...]

The 455 was very common- you just worked on the lesser models all the
time. I put a search on for them in the local papers and got 6 replies
and bought them all. I have 2 blocks here, and sold the other 4. I've
found 2 of them in junkyards. Go to any Pontiac meet, EVERYONE is
running a 455. So you're WRONG, again- as usual.

What was uncommon, was the 421 and 428.

Old August 15th 06, 12:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

ROAD" wrote:

[...]

It's a dual feed, not a double pumper- it's vacuum secondary single
pumper. That's what the RA V had original equipment- you DUMB ASS.

Old August 15th 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
bicycle

Further proof your house and yard are a ********.

Old August 15th 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
455 Pontiac on premium Sunoco-chariot of the gods

bicycle wrote:
Suckocko premium 93 octane-Junkyard Kingwrote:

The 455 was very common- you just worked on the lesser models all the
time. I put a search on for them in the local papers and got 6 replies
and bought them all. I have 2 blocks here, and sold the other 4. I've
found 2 of them in junkyards. Go to any Pontiac meet, EVERYONE is
running a 455. So you're WRONG, again- as usual.

Further proof your house and yard are a ********.

I'll meet you out on rt. 309 next time you go to your bike meet- and
bring you in past security to my house. I have nothing to hide.

But I've seen where you grew up, in Pittsburgh

uggghhhh !!!

Old August 16th 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
bicycle

455 Pontiac on premium Sunoco-chariot of the gods wrote:
bicycle wrote:
Suckocko premium 93 octane-Junkyard Kingwrote:

The 455 was very common- you just worked on the lesser models all the
time. I put a search on for them in the local papers and got 6 replies
and bought them all. I have 2 blocks here, and sold the other 4. I've
found 2 of them in junkyards. Go to any Pontiac meet, EVERYONE is
running a 455. So you're WRONG, again- as usual.

Further proof your house and yard are a ********.

I'll meet you out on rt. 309 next time you go to your bike meet- and
bring you in past security to my house. I have nothing to hide.

Oh sure, that's why you cropped your ****ty house out of your Ebay
pics.
The lies continue.

Old August 16th 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

bicycle wrote:
Suckocko premium 93 octane-Junkyard Kingwrote:

The 455 was very common- you just worked on the lesser models all the
time. I put a search on for them in the local papers and got 6 replies
and bought them all. I have 2 blocks here, and sold the other 4. I've
found 2 of them in junkyards. Go to any Pontiac meet, EVERYONE is
running a 455. So you're WRONG, again- as usual.

Further proof your house and yard are a ********.

I'll meet you out on rt. 309 next time you go to your bike meet- and
bring you in past security to my house. I have nothing to hide.

Oh sure, that's why you cropped your ****ty house out of your Ebay
pics.
The lies continue.

after the graffiti you pulled on the truck, why would I put the house
up ??

the house was built in 1984

it's nice

Old August 16th 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
bicycle

bicycle wrote:
Suckocko premium 93 octane-Junkyard Kingwrote:

The 455 was very common- you just worked on the lesser models all the
time. I put a search on for them in the local papers and got 6 replies
and bought them all. I have 2 blocks here, and sold the other 4. I've
found 2 of them in junkyards. Go to any Pontiac meet, EVERYONE is
running a 455. So you're WRONG, again- as usual.

Further proof your house and yard are a ********.

I'll meet you out on rt. 309 next time you go to your bike meet- and
bring you in past security to my house. I have nothing to hide.

Oh sure, that's why you cropped your ****ty house out of your Ebay
pics.
The lies continue.

after the graffiti you pulled on the truck, why would I put the house
up ??

The lies continue.

the house was built in 1984

And it's that ****ty? That's a shame.

it's nice

For white-trash I suppose it is. You trashers think you're living the
high life when all those around you are laughing their asses off.

Old August 16th 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

bicycle wrote:
[...]

stop in next time you're nearby, you can see just how "trashy" it is in
person

call first- you know the number

if you have the balls to admit when you're wrong, that is- because
you're in for a surprise.