LOVE on 8-track tape?

Old February 6th 05, 04:09 AM
William W Western

They were even more boring live, but they were the hot ticket in those
days, so musical output didn't exactly correlate to fame. It was
mostly gimmickry. David Crosby would strut into the Whisky before
their set dressed in these incredible velvet "renaissance" costumes
and all the chicks would just go ga-ga. Of course, he was stoned out
of his gourd

Love the David Crosby is a goof stories, Bob. I saw him wandering
around The University of Minnesota campus in the late 60s - stoned,
destroying his liver, and looking for babes.
WWW

Old February 6th 05, 05:46 AM
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:09:09 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Love the David Crosby is a goof stories, Bob. I saw him wandering
around The University of Minnesota campus in the late 60s - stoned,
destroying his liver, and looking for babes. snip

I don't know who's the bigger self destructive asshole...David Crosby,
Gregg Allman (a musical zero) or....Charlie Nudo!

dB
Old February 6th 05, 05:47 AM
DeserTBoB

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:10:27 -0500, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

what is the status regarding the newsgroup conversion. is it still going to
happen?
are we going to have a "nudofraud" free newsgroup soon? snip

I'm expecting a proposal to be posted for review by Monday. Stay
tuned. Noodles, go look for another line of work.

dB
Old February 6th 05, 05:54 AM
DeserTBoB

On 5 Feb 2005 14:32:02 -0800, "trippingtoo-8track"
wrote:

What do you know ?? You're mentally retarded and on meds... snip

Go **** yourself Noodles...AND shut the **** up. Can you handle more
than one task at a time?
Old February 6th 05, 05:56 AM
DeserTBoB

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:37:04 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

No, it was the way it was recorded, I think, that caused the drag, not a
mechanical thing... snip

LOL! A 300 speeding up in the middle of a take is not surprising at
all; they were infamous for it, and usually would warrant a retake,
but sometimes the folks involved would just go, "Eh..they'll never
notice." Did it sound the same on the LP or RTR, or only on the 8
track release?

dB
Old February 6th 05, 11:08 AM
lennon fan

speaking of Capitol, Bob, what do you think of Yma Sumac?

..and, have you been to the Steve Hoffman audiophile forums?

Old February 6th 05, 02:40 PM
ommadawn

No, just the 8-track.

Old February 7th 05, 04:46 AM
Bluemuse

I tend to avoid "audiophool" forums like the plague. Stuff like $250
speaker cables and little carbon fiber cones on which to set your
equipment drive me to distraction.

Then maybe you'd like www.tnt-audio.com. They've got a DIY section where they
love to find low-cost alternatives to high-priced overhyped ego-booster crap. I
can't say I've got the greatest gear--sort of "low end respectable," like an
AR-XA turntable, a Sansui 5000 receiver, Advent speakers that I rebuilt. So I
don't have much experience with audiophool stuff and tend to think much of it
is more wishful thinking than anything else, but I built the sand-filled PVC
tube speaker stands on the TNT Audio site and was quite pleasantly surprised at
the difference they made. I'll probably (when I have time) make the CAT5
speaker cables and some interconnects since I've got a carton of cable anyway.
Neat seeing things like tiptoes made from bullet heads and isolation blocks
made from cheap podiatrists' abrasive blocks. Lots of the site is a big pin to
the audiophool hot air balloon.

--Bob Farace

"I only believe in fire." --Anais Nin