A rarity -- at least in my experience

Old August 7th 03, 11:22 AM
A.M.Heindorff

Default A rarity -- at least in my experience

Bob Ingraham wrote in message
In an old album I was going through last week in a stamp shop, I found a
postally used copy of Hungary C156
http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/images/migused.jpg, showing MiG 15 jet
fighters. The stamps in this set, which show both model and actual

aircraft,
have long been among my favorites, and I have a complete set of them in

mint
hinged condition http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/images/hungaryalbum.jpg.

I've never actively searched for used stamps from this particular set, but

certainly don't recall ever seeing any until now. Are they uncommon, or

even
rare?

They are considered uncommon postally used (singles), and even
rare for samples on cover. Much like the Russian art stamps, that
one only rarely finds on cover, particularly from the "correct" period
of usage.

The Scott catalogues notes that its prices for used Hungarian stamps of

this
period are for CTOs, and that postally used stamps sell for more.

You can be quite sure that a higher sales price for postally
used stamps is based on the full set, not for the individual
stamps alone.

Mette