Rock-ola wallbocx model 1501 questions

Old January 21st 05, 02:15 PM
Terry Legere & Linda Allen

Default Rock-ola wallbocx model 1501 questions

Hi Guys. I was one of the lucky? ones who bought one of the two burnt
rock-ola wallbox model 1501 on ebay a while back and I have a couple of
questions. Now I know some of you will answer that I need my head
examined but then I already know that! First off I am looking for a
manual/parts catologe for this model. I also need the title board or
failing that a detailed photo and measurements from someone who has one.
I believe I can reproduce this piece if I have this info. I also need
the two coils inside but need the manual so I will know what type I
need. Can anyone tell me if this model would work on a Rock-ola
1422?Finally any other info you can shed on this model would be greatly
appreceiated. Thanks terry
--
Terry Legere/Linda Allen

Terry's Jukeboxes
http://www3.sympatico.ca/rockola1422/juke.htm

Old January 21st 05, 03:21 PM
mike

Terry - there is little info on those Dial-a-tune boxes. It is not a 30wire
box that is ready to connect to the 1422-26-28 machine. It is maybe one of
the first impulse-type wallboxes made and is a 5wire system. If I recall
there are three components installed in the juke for the 1501 wallbox to
work; the Dial-A-Tune stepper, roto selector, and terminal box. The
accompanying equipment is scarce and few people know anything about them.

I bought a 1428 in 2003 and found these components were still installed.
Nobody seemed to know what they were for until I called Bill Butterfield. I
sold them to a collector that same year. I believe I still have pics of the
components you will need and can repost them on my website.

FYI, I have seen several Dial-a-Tune wallboxes for sale on Ebay but have
never seen the stepper equipment for sale.

Good luck
Mike

Old January 21st 05, 04:44 PM
Ken G.

Can someone post a picture of this wall box ? i have a couple Rockola
wall boxes stashed and only remember what the front looked like . They
look alot like a Seeburg with pages and have a curved clear face .

Old January 21st 05, 05:52 PM
mike

the Dial a Tune wallbox has a flat glass face on the front and had an older
"telephone dial" style of selection mechanism. Not very many pics of them
out there - will see what I can find. Maybe terry can post pics of his?

Old January 23rd 05, 12:58 AM
mike

heres an auction with some nice pics of a Rock-ola Dial-a-Tune wallbox. Note
the 5+1 terminal board inside the unit

nk.net...

Old January 23rd 05, 01:41 AM
Ken G.

I looked at mine .. no phone dials .., they look like Seeburgs