Rare Pink Floyd Animals 8-Track Question

Old August 19th 03, 02:06 AM
Mfatoldsun

Default Rare Pink Floyd Animals 8-Track Question

I`ve been collecting 8-Tracks now for 15 years. I probably have about 600.
My favorite band is Pink Floyd. I decided to find or try and find all there
albums on 8-Track. So I got Relics, Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma, More,
Obscured By Clouds, Meddle, Dark Side Of The Moon, The Wall, Wish You Were
Here, David Gilmour (self titled from his 1978 solo release) and last but
not least, Animals. The question I have is that this Animals 8-Track is very
different. All the Animals 8-Tracks I see look like the album that features
the buildings on the cover. This Animals 8-Track has a picture of Snowy
White on the cover playing a guitar. The back just says Pink Floyd Animals,
and the songs listed on each program (including the full length version of
Pigs On The Wing.) There is no record company name on it. Is this an
import?? It can`t be a bootleg because the songs are exactly the same as the
regular Animals 8-Track recordings. Anyone ever herd of this tape? I love
the !!!!!!!8-TRACKS!!!!!!

....mfat

Old August 19th 03, 07:28 AM
Caljamscott

"Mfatoldsun" wrote in message
gy.com...
[...]

Yes I love AWL of it too. I even have some GREAT 8-trackkin' stories for you
mfat.

Scott
King of All the Newsgroups

Old August 19th 03, 03:10 PM
Dan #3

"Caljamscott" wrote in message ...

... like the time you were caught with portable emerson deck & a
stack of Donny Osmond, Anne Murry, Lawrence Welk & Barry Manalow carts
at a truck stop restroom offering "favours" to the fat lonely gay
drivers while the carts played...

see? i can be as venomous as the rest of them...
Do the Web a favor and get the hell outta cyberspace!
Dan #3

Yes I love AWL of it too. I even have some GREAT 8-trackkin' stories for you
mfat.

Scott
King Dick of All the Newsgroups

Old August 19th 03, 06:12 PM
8-track Not Crack

The Pink Floyd "Animals" 8-track in question is a pirate, I saw a
picture of it. That's not Snowy White on the cover, it's just a "rock"
dude playing guitar. Sorry to disappoint!

You can see "Snowy" on the cover of this John Denver bootleg as well:
http://www.8trackheaven.com/Images/johndenverboot.jpg

Daniel & Kathy Gibson wrote in message ...
Mfatoldsun wrote:

[...]

Most interesting!! By any chance does it look homemade? Back in the
early seventies there were places that would "cutom make 8-tracks for
you. I have several that are "professional" in the sense that someone
was paid to make them, but they are not true boots or pirated copies as
they are "custom" made to a customers specifications. PErhaps this was
custome made from the commercial cart?

Hace you heard the English import DSOTM quad? Unbelievable! A must have.

Danno

Old August 19th 03, 11:42 PM
Mfatoldsun

You can see "Snowy" on the cover of this John Denver bootleg as well:

Yes your absolutely correct! That is what is on the cover of this Pink Floyd
Animals 8-Track. Your right on the money. Who and what purpose is this? I
know a bootleg, but the recordings are the exact same. Who would put it out,
and is this a U.S.A. release??

....mfat

om...

Old August 20th 03, 12:10 AM
DOGGIE104

Subject: Rare Pink Floyd Animals 8-Track Question
From: "Mfatoldsun"

Yes your absolutely correct! That is what is on the cover of this Pink Floyd
Animals 8-Track. Your right on the money. Who and what purpose is this? I
know a bootleg, but the recordings are the exact same. Who would put it out,
and is this a U.S.A. release??

...mfat

I would call a recording like this a "pirate" recording. It is a recording
that is made illeagally (sp?) in large quantities for profit. Proper
"bootlegs" are clandestine recordings usually made by individuals for their own
personal non-profit use. The people who would create pirate recordings usually
keep their identities private since civil authorities would probably arrest
them. I'm not sure of the country of origin.

It sounds like a pretty neat cart! later, ron

Old August 20th 03, 12:18 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Dan #3 wrote:

....you must've looked in the mirror....
Dan #3

Just what we need-another deranged poet in a deranged newsgroup.

Scott
King Sweaty Scrotum of Usenet

BTW Scott, I have been in contact with the host of your website. You
know, the one with the copyrighted sound files (that you do not own) on
it. Anyway, the nice fellows at successfulhosting.com wanted me to ask
you to remove the copyrighted material before they do it for you.
So...you gonna pull them off of your site, seeing how you want to keep
the web all nicey-nice?

Danno
--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old August 20th 03, 01:58 AM
Mfatoldsun

So...you gonna pull them off of your site, seeing how you want to keep
the web all nicey-nice?

Hahahha Lif**** bothers me over at alt.rock-n-roll.metal.oldschool also.
Actually what newsgroup doen`t he bother?

....mfat

Old August 20th 03, 02:04 AM
Mfatoldsun

Jesus, I never new the correct word for copied copywrited material. I
assumed "bootleg" was the proper term. So yes, I would say that this 8-Track
is a "Pirate" recording of the original. It actually sounds good. Crisp
stereo recording. Infact, "Pigs On The Wing" sounds better than on the ROIO
Floyd CD`s I have. For an 8-Track, is sounds like a really good cassette
tape. Thanks for the info!

....mfat

Old August 20th 03, 02:48 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

mfat,

Don't sweat the terms. The words "boot" and "bootleg" are used by most
8-trackers to describe pirate tapes. I believe that it is actually the
preferred term.

Later!
Danno