TECH: Rock-ola 1428 remote operation

Old July 27th 03, 04:30 PM
mike

Default TECH: Rock-ola 1428 remote operation

I just bought a nice original 1428 and was interested in wallbox operation.
I have a 30-wire model 1530 wallbox for use with it but noticed there are
some additional components already connected to the 30 wire terminal strips.
I'm guessing here but it appears to have connections for a five wire
wallbox.

I have 1422-26-28 manual and troubleshooting guides but they dont cover the
1428 amp or any of the other components mentioned above. I can post pics on
my website - anyone know what wallbox or remote selection mechanism this rig
might have been meant for? Would also be interested in any tech material
relative to the 1428 and/or 1530 wallbox hookup.

TIA!
Mike in Dallas

Old July 27th 03, 06:13 PM
mike

no, sorry I don't. Mine came from a dealer overseas and was damaged when I
got it.

Was surprised to see those two on Ebay recently closed at such a high
winning bid with the juke market the way it is. I am in search of a nicer
original glass for mine. I bought one of the cheap repros that were going
around here awhile back but was disappointed with the quality. It was made
from peel-and-stick material and was applied on the outer surface of the
glass unlike the original. With some water decal paper, Adobe Photoshop,
and an HP4550 color laser printer, I made some nicer repros than the simple
four color one I bought.

I'll let you know if I see another for sale, but I'm guessing it will be
pricey : )

"BugMan" wrote in message
.com...
Mike, I also have a 1428, and have been looking for a 1530. Are there
anymore where yours came from?

Old July 28th 03, 03:58 AM
BugMan

The only thing repro on mine is both of the upper green plastics (which are
usually faded or broken). Plus, mine was in the movie Bull Durham.

Old July 28th 03, 03:24 PM
mike

my 1428 doesnt have any Hollywood background, but is all original with all
original plastics and blonde finish cabinet.

It was used in a hotel near Syracuse NY, and was bought from the original
owners great grandaughter along with a large crate of 78 RPM records. Even
had the original installation and instruction pamphlet inside (oil soaked).
One of the few jukes I have purchased that will only need cleaning up and an
amp rebuild. Some boxes in their original state are just too nice to
restore.

.com...