FA: Netherlands Coins

Old November 3rd 03, 07:56 PM
Jackson

Default FA: Netherlands Coins

The remainder of my Netherlands coins are out on Yaahoo:

http://user.auctions.shopping.yahoo..../coinsrme2002?

Jackson
AKA: Jack Grant
Yahoo ID: coinsrme2002
EBay ID: ulua1
ANA # K207520
Old November 4th 03, 01:11 AM
Michael E. Marotta

Jackson wrote
The remainder of my Netherlands coins are out on Yaahoo:

Just in general, it was kind of a shame that the Euro came along when
it did, in that the money of the Netherlands was beginning to take on
a very distinct style. (The 50-guilden note of the 1980s is a modern
classic, also.) To be fair, the national reverses do still show this
on the Netherlands Euros, so half a loaf, and all that. I attribute
the bold designs to the influence of Beatrix. Her biography is
interesting. I was most impressed with the fact that she earned a
degree in international economics and then worked out a way for Dutch
dependencies, especially Suriname, to become independent in a real
sense. In other cases, European nations cast off their colonies and
in so doing pretty much got rid of one side of the ledger, but kept
the other, so to speak.

Coin Toning Question ynotan Coins 3 October 6th 03 09:28 AM
US Territories and... Grandpa Coins 29 September 22nd 03 08:11 PM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM