what am I missing here?

Old November 3rd 03, 04:49 AM
Bob Peterson

Default what am I missing here?

why did $40 worth of mercs go for $255?

certainly nothing in the image seems to lead me to believe its worth
anything remotely like this kind of money.

Old November 3rd 03, 04:51 AM
Bob Peterson

this lot of 50 mercs had no bidders at $25, which I can almost understand
although with the very high shipping charges its almost 60 cents a coin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=33 61

Old November 3rd 03, 02:38 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Bob Peterson wrote:

why did $40 worth of mercs go for $255?

certainly nothing in the image seems to lead me to believe its worth
anything remotely like this kind of money.

Scary Bid History. Where are these bidiots hiding when someone you
*like* is running an auction? BK of the DQ sold a roll of Ag
Washingtons for $33.00 on 10/7. And it wasn't a 'grab bag' lot, either!

Alan
'coin silver'
Old November 3rd 03, 10:01 PM
Phil DeMayo

"Bob Peterson" wrote:

why did $40 worth of mercs go for $255?

Because the eventual winner was outbid earlier and decided to increase his
maximum bid to a ridiculous level. The relative newbie that his new maximum
outbid came along 20 minutes later and incrementally pushed his bid up to
$255.00 before bowing out.

Was it revenge? Was it a shill? Who knows.

Never submit a maximum bid that you aren't prepared to pay.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old November 4th 03, 12:39 AM
Bob Peterson

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
Bob Peterson wrote:

why did $40 worth of mercs go for $255?

certainly nothing in the image seems to lead me to believe its worth
anything remotely like this kind of money.

Scary Bid History. Where are these bidiots hiding when someone you
*like* is running an auction? BK of the DQ sold a roll of Ag
Washingtons for $33.00 on 10/7. And it wasn't a 'grab bag' lot, either!

A roll of silver quarters is worth $33, just for the silver.

Alan
'coin silver'

Old November 4th 03, 02:21 AM
Alan & Erin Williams

Bob Peterson wrote:

why did $40 worth of mercs go for $255?

certainly nothing in the image seems to lead me to believe its worth
anything remotely like this kind of money.

Scary Bid History. Where are these bidiots hiding when someone you
*like* is running an auction? BK of the DQ sold a roll of Ag
Washingtons for $33.00 on 10/7. And it wasn't a 'grab bag' lot, either!

A roll of silver quarters is worth $33, just for the silver.

Yep. And that's where the bidding stopped for the Ag WQ's of BK of the
DQ. ;-)
Where were the bidiots that transformed a similar weight of dimes into $255???!?

Alan
'if it's gotta fall in someone's lap, let it be Bill's'