Owl - again

Old November 10th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default Owl - again

Here's yet another Owl. Can't get enough. This one is also atypical, and
interesting, and for several reasons, one being the price. With
apologies in advance for my crassness (what, talk about money when
talking about coins, how uncivilized), anybody want to hazard a guess as
to what, and why? Anybody who guesses the correct figure wins the coin.

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Owl8.jpg

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old November 10th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

to what, and why? Anybody who guesses the correct figure wins the coin.http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=273201

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Owl8.jpg

--

Consumer:http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur:http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit:http://rg.ancients.info/bogos

Deja vu all over again?

http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=273201

~Anka

Old November 10th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Anka wrote:

Deja vu all over again?

http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=273201

I forgot I talked about it earlier, though I didn't mention the price.
You didn't guess the price. I find pricing, deals, good buys, bad buys,
cherrypicking, volume vs. boutique dealers and the risks and rewards of
each, and so on a really interesting aspect of numismatics. Others
don't, just focusing on the coins, paying whatever it takes to get what
they want. To me a coin I got a good deal on is nicer to look at than
one I spent too much on.

Old November 10th 09, 11:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Marshall[_3_]

its not a brilliant one, and 3 cuts , hmm, $200?

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

Deja vu all over again?

Old November 10th 09, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Marshall[_3_]

The more I look at it, the better it gets, so ive probably way undervalued
it at 200.

"Alan Marshall" wrote in message
its not a brilliant one, and 3 cuts , hmm, $200?

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

Deja vu all over again?

Old November 10th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net

Athena's face looks like it was glued on from a different coin ?
Old November 10th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Alan Marshall wrote:
The more I look at it, the better it gets, so ive probably way undervalued

Thank you. g The full crest is what most distinguishes it, though like
with most mass Classical Owls that have all of Athena's helmet crest on
the flan, the opposite side of the design is somewhat off the flan. I'd
grade the coin VF. And the three test cuts are actually fairly
aesthetic, for test cuts anyway, equally distant from one another and
with one splitting the owl's head in half, as a large percentage of Owl
test cuts strangely do.

In answer to another poster, no, the face wasn't glued on. At least I
didn't glue it on. g And no indication from the coin in hand that this
happened either.

Old November 10th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

note.boy wrote:
A contemporary counterfeit, $150. Billy

Nope. It's full-weight and the right diameter and thickness -- solid
silver. There are a lot of contemporary counterfeits of these, so that's
a a credible guess, but this isn't one of them.

Old November 11th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Marshall[_3_]

While im at it, have a look at my owls
(guess what I paid also)

Tet -