Sacagaweas

Old August 28th 14, 09:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rwalker

Default Sacagaweas

Well, it appears almost noone posts here anymore. I gave up reading
here regularly when it appears that the trolls had taken over.
Regardless. Does it bother anyone else that the date and mintmark
were moved to the rim on the Sacagawea dollars when they started going
to the changing reverse? I just recently brought my collection up to
date, and for me anyway, I think they fouled up a very nice looking
coin when they went to these annually changing reverses and moving the
date and mint mark from the obverse.

That's my rant for the evening.
Old August 28th 14, 09:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
rwalker wrote:

Well, it appears almost noone posts here anymore. I gave up reading
here regularly when it appears that the trolls had taken over.
Regardless. Does it bother anyone else that the date and mintmark
were moved to the rim on the Sacagawea dollars when they started going
to the changing reverse? I just recently brought my collection up to
date, and for me anyway, I think they fouled up a very nice looking
coin when they went to these annually changing reverses and moving the
date and mint mark from the obverse.

That's my rant for the evening.

I know of a few collectors still keeping up with the Sacagawea dollar
series, but most of them have given up on it. I used to be able to get
new issues from the bank and offer them at $1.50 each, but now they only
seem to be available from the Yew Ess Mint at some outrageous price, so
I don't bother getting them any more ...

Many of the collectors did complain about the edge dating / mintmarking
since the coins are fairly indistinguishable when placed in a folder or
album ...

I know I always have to pop key date coins out of Whitman "thumbbuster"
folders to verify proper mintmarks on the reverse ... I suppose I'd have
to do that for Sackies as well, if there is ever a "key date" in that
series ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics email:
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old August 29th 14, 07:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:36:04 AM UTC-4, Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,

rwalker wrote:

[...]

Well, thanks to Jud, I'm able to continue my Sac collection. It's complete for the circ issues (2000-2014). Thank you, Jud.

Jerry
Old August 30th 14, 02:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Friday, August 29, 2014 2:13:23 AM UTC-4, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:36:04 AM UTC-4, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,

Well, thanks to Jud, I'm able to continue my Sac collection. It's complete for the circ issues (2000-2014). Thank you, Jud.

Jerry

My pleasure Jerry. We go WAY back, trading States Quarters, chatting on AOL Coins and Currency message boards, posting here on RCC when it used to be active, for better or worse. You continue to be one of my best friends that I have never met. 8-)
Old August 31st 14, 01:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

I routinely get rolls of dollar coins from the bank and use them in
vending machines and general commerce. Occasionaly they include the
post-2000 Sacajaweas. Recently one had the reverse commemerating
horses.

The 2009 issue is the only one I fine appealing.

--
Please reply to: |"We establish no religion in this country, we command
pciszek at panix | no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever.
Autoreply disabled | --Ronald Reagan, October 26, 1984
Old August 31st 14, 10:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rwalker

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 01:36:04 -0700, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
rwalker wrote:

[...]

I try to keep up whit the Sackies. I prefer them to the Presidential
dollars, though I collect those too.
Old August 31st 14, 10:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rwalker

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:27:31 -0700 (PDT), Jud
wrote:

On Friday, August 29, 2014 2:13:23 AM UTC-4, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:36:04 AM UTC-4, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,

Well, thanks to Jud, I'm able to continue my Sac collection. It's complete for the circ issues (2000-2014). Thank you, Jud.

Jerry

My pleasure Jerry. We go WAY back, trading States Quarters, chatting on AOL Coins and Currency message boards, posting here on RCC when it used to be active, for better or worse. You continue to be one of my best friends that I have never met. 8-)

I have one collection of the old style Sackies that I now consider
complete, proofs and all, and then another collection that includes
them all, new and old. But I'm still working on that one.
Old September 3rd 14, 01:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Friday, August 29, 2014 9:27:31 PM UTC-4, Jud wrote:
On Friday, August 29, 2014 2:13:23 AM UTC-4, Jerry Dennis wrote:

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:36:04 AM UTC-4, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,

Well, thanks to Jud, I'm able to continue my Sac collection. It's complete for the circ issues (2000-2014). Thank you, Jud.

Jerry

My pleasure Jerry. We go WAY back, trading States Quarters, chatting on AOL Coins and Currency message boards, posting here on RCC when it used to be active, for better or worse. You continue to be one of my best friends that I have never met. 8-)

Ah, I remember Coins and Currency. As I recall your name was LDRS HBBY NUMI; mine was JScrubs24. It was from C&C that I was introduced to RCC and the many other collectors who apparently have since moved on to other newsgroups. Too bad. We were the top group for many, many years.

Jerry
Old September 3rd 14, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Ah, I remember Coins and Currency. As I recall your name was LDRS HBBY NUMI; mine was JScrubs24. It was from C&C that I was introduced to RCC and the many other collectors who apparently have since moved on to other newsgroups. Too bad. We were the top group for many, many years.

Jerry

Yep, that was my moderator name. I haven't even visited that group in about 5+ years. It used to be a very active group, especially after the introduction of the States Quarters, sometimes over 100 posts in a day. RCC used to be like that too at one time. There used to be actual discussions about coins, until the juveniles chimed in. That being said, I am now expecting a response from Finnan or Reid. 8-)
Old September 4th 14, 03:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On 9/2/2014 10:18 PM, Jud wrote:
Yep, that was my moderator name. I haven't even visited that group in
about 5+ years. It used to be a very active group, especially after the
introduction of the States Quarters, sometimes over 100 posts in a day.
RCC used to be like that too at one time. There used to be actual
discussions about coins, until the juveniles chimed in. That being said,
I am now expecting a response from Finnan or Reid. 8-)

It isn't quite fair to blame it all on the "juveniles" (Get off my
lawn!). There were various reasons Usenet fell out of fashion, and
the lack of social scalability of an anonymous, unmoderated forum is
just one of them.

I'll occasionally post stuff at Cointalk or Reddit, but I'm not
all that interested in Sacagaweas. I look at them when my proof
sets show up each year, shrug and that's pretty well it.

Now, if you happen to know anyone selling a 1776/5 2 Ducat piece
minted at Karlsberg in Transylvania...

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing

25 Million 2008 Sacagaweas? shreadvector Coins 3 January 12th 09 11:29 PM
Doesn;t look like any circulating 2007 Sacagaweas have been minted yet. Fred Shecter Coins 5 May 18th 07 05:38 PM
2006 Kennedys and Sacagaweas Jud Coins 0 February 26th 06 06:51 AM
Got my 2001-D Sacagaweas Dave Allured Coins 1 June 14th 05 02:23 PM
FA= 2000D mint rolls SACAGAWEAS howard Coins 0 November 12th 04 06:39 PM