The Who vs Yes

Old June 18th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Raja

Default The Who vs Yes

Two of the best rock bands from Britain. They are highly regarded and
had many top charting albums in US as well as UK in the 70s. In fact
after Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin, these two were the most
successful rock band of the 70s in terms of album chart success.

They also have many things in common
1) Their first 8 albums are their core albums and their first two
albums did not trouble the US charts
2) They were both pretentious. They made pretentious double albums and
epic songs.
3) They had a bassist who played lead. Both of them are generally
considered the best bassist of all times
4) Around 1978, most fans (including me) started disowning them ;-)
5) They haven't sold nearly as much as Led Zeppelin/Pink Floyd/Rolling
Stones/Beatles, in spite of being of very popular in the 70s
6) Their Internet fans are certifiably insane (just like me) and have
delusions of being very intelligent!
7) They were great live

So you compare their core 8 albums how would you vote?

1. My Generation vs Yes (very good debut album, but somehow didn't
become as popular as their latter ones)
2. A Quick One vs Time And A Word (sophomore slump that has some
jewels)
3. Who Sell Out vs A Yes Album (a change of approach and their first
success in the US)
4. Tommy vs Fragile (their breakthrough album in the US)
5. Who's Next vs Close to the Edge (their masterpiece)
6. Quadropenia vs Tales From Topographic Oceans (their pretentious
never ending snore-inducing double album)
7. Who by Numbers vs Relayer (their most underrated album)
8. Who Are You vs Going For The One (their cheesiest album from the
classic rock period... beginning of the end)

I chose Yes on all 8 occasions because I consider Yes to a better
album rock band. The Who were slightly better live and also made the
better singles. What do you think?
Old June 18th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_7_]

"Raja" wrote in message
What do you think?

I think you are a spammer.

Old June 18th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Bob F." wrote in message
"Raja" wrote in message
What do you think?

I think you are a spammer.

Who + Yes Beatles | Stones
Who + Yes Led Zeppelin

Old June 24th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beast of Burden

"Raja" wrote in message
[...]

And has the UK stuck their faces on coins or something?

Beast

Old June 29th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rwalker

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:10:40 -0400, "Bob F."
wrote:

"Raja" wrote in message
What do you think?

I think you are a spammer.

Lord, he's even spamming RCC. Usually his spams are only to assorted
music groups (and occasionally tennis groups). Why he's spamming RCC
with this stuff is beyond knowing.