My Meshugge dollar - Thanks for looking

Old December 20th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
TheDimeMan[_2_]

Default My Meshugge dollar - Thanks for looking

To all the over 30 collectors who took time to look at my meshugge dollar -
THANKS

Happy Holidays

TheDimeMan

www.dewardt.net for home page and see in Adobe PDF my 600 numismatic book
free on world dimes size silver coins.

RDL

Old December 22nd 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
TheDimeMan[_2_]

I just came back from a local coin show, where I had this dollar in a case
with a print out from my site.

Very interesting, one dealer told me it was used by a golfer - 18 holes.
Maybe as a ball spotter.

Next another collector, told me a different story. He said he as a
recovering AA member. Said this type of dollar with holes denote the number
of years you have been sober. One hole is drilled in it for each year you
stay sober. He also said when silver dollars were common, they used Morgan
dollars, but today the use Eisenhower dollars.

Anyone agree with either of these stories?

TheDimeMan

.. .

Old December 22nd 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rwalker

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:25:02 -0500, "TheDimeMan"
wrote:

I just came back from a local coin show, where I had this dollar in a case
with a print out from my site.

Very interesting, one dealer told me it was used by a golfer - 18 holes.
Maybe as a ball spotter.

Next another collector, told me a different story. He said he as a
recovering AA member. Said this type of dollar with holes denote the number
of years you have been sober. One hole is drilled in it for each year you
stay sober. He also said when silver dollars were common, they used Morgan
dollars, but today the use Eisenhower dollars.

Anyone agree with either of these stories?

TheDimeMan

I have heard the AA explanation.
Old December 22nd 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

wrote:

I just came back from a local coin show, where I had this dollar in a case
with a print out from my site.

Very interesting, one dealer told me it was used by a golfer - 18 holes.
Maybe as a ball spotter.

Next another collector, told me a different story. He said he as a
recovering AA member. Said this type of dollar with holes denote the number
of years you have been sober. One hole is drilled in it for each year you
stay sober. He also said when silver dollars were common, they used Morgan
dollars, but today the use Eisenhower dollars.

Anyone agree with either of these stories?

A quick shows seems to indicate the sobriety explanation is more
likely. And I found a photo of a holed Peace Dollar he

http://www.barefootsworld.net/aachips.html