OT (very OT) a most disturbing site

Old April 22nd 04, 04:23 PM
Dale Hallmark

Default OT (very OT) a most disturbing site

I found this web site to be unique, disturbing but totally compelling.
I couldn't stop until I had see it all! The girl has a
interesting sense of humor?sarcasm? absurdity?
An interesting commentary anyway.

Don't think I have ever seen it posted here but then there
have been a lot of OT post over the years and it may have been.

It has a lot of photos and seems limited bandwidth
so if a lot of rccers swarm it, it may go off line until
next month.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

Old April 22nd 04, 05:12 PM
Michael Benveniste

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:23:42 -0500, "Dale Hallmark"
wrote:

It has a lot of photos and seems limited bandwidth
so if a lot of rccers swarm it, it may go off line until
next month.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

The best way I know to describe the site is "chilling." It shows the
value of telling a story simply and directly. I found out about the
site on slashdot, and it's received other high-profile web exposure.

Strongly recommended.

--
Michael Benveniste --

Old April 22nd 04, 06:51 PM
Davey

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
I found this web site to be unique, disturbing but totally compelling.
I couldn't stop until I had see it all! The girl has a
interesting sense of humor?sarcasm? absurdity?
An interesting commentary anyway.

Don't think I have ever seen it posted here but then there
have been a lot of OT post over the years and it may have been.

It has a lot of photos and seems limited bandwidth
so if a lot of rccers swarm it, it may go off line until
next month.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

Simply out of curiosity I clicked on the link without knowing what to
expect. I never expected it to be what it is! It's hard to believe that 20
years have passed since this terrible accident.

Thanks for posting & sharing this link. I too share your sediments on this
site, Dale.

--
All the Best!
Davey

Old April 22nd 04, 07:27 PM
John L.

wrote:

I found this web site to be unique, disturbing but totally compelling.
I couldn't stop until I had see it all! The girl has a
interesting sense of humor?sarcasm? absurdity?
An interesting commentary anyway.

Don't think I have ever seen it posted here but then there
have been a lot of OT post over the years and it may have been.

It has a lot of photos and seems limited bandwidth
so if a lot of rccers swarm it, it may go off line until
next month.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

If 1 reactor can do this, think what a nuclear war would do...1
missile, 10 missiles, hundreds, thousands? 600 (minimum) years with
no place on earth inhabitable. And I'm not preaching disarmament and
giving the enemy the upper hand in nuclear arms...just stopping to
think of the consequences if we ever had to go to war and use nukes.

John L.
Old April 22nd 04, 07:30 PM
Cliff

"Davey" wrote:

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
I found this web site to be unique, disturbing but totally compelling.
I couldn't stop until I had see it all! The girl has a
interesting sense of humor?sarcasm? absurdity?
An interesting commentary anyway.

Don't think I have ever seen it posted here but then there
have been a lot of OT post over the years and it may have been.

It has a lot of photos and seems limited bandwidth
so if a lot of rccers swarm it, it may go off line until
next month.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

Simply out of curiosity I clicked on the link without knowing what to
expect. I never expected it to be what it is! It's hard to believe that 20
years have passed since this terrible accident.

Thanks for posting & sharing this link. I too share your sediments on this
site, Dale.

It would take a braver person than I am to motor through the dead
towns and countrysides. Can't help but think of all those zombie and
living dead (and Omega Man) movies when you see a setting like this.
Scary thing is we are just as close to the same situation here in the
states. It just takes a minute of inattnetion or carelessness. Not
to mention those lost radioactive control rods they are talking about
in the news.
Cliff

Old April 22nd 04, 07:58 PM
Big Rig

wrote:

[...]

Hiroshima and Nagasaki are thriving cities. The little bikini atoll
islands where they did nuclear testing are safe to visit too.

Old April 22nd 04, 10:48 PM
Lyntoy1

I think this is one of the coolest sites that I have ever seen. The rewards of
nuclear energy are immense, as are the risks.
In my opinion, nuclear energy can solve a lot of problems in the world. It is
more of a solution than a problem. With that said, it would still be useful to
take every politician and nuclear technician with this woman for a little ride!
Mike
Tripping over red wood
Old April 22nd 04, 11:12 PM
J. Craton

Lyntoy1 wrote:

I think this is one of the coolest sites that I have ever seen. The rewards of
nuclear energy are immense, as are the risks.
In my opinion, nuclear energy can solve a lot of problems in the world. It is
more of a solution than a problem. With that said, it would still be useful to
take every politician and nuclear technician with this woman for a little ride!
Mike
Tripping over red wood

Not a bad idea Mike. I found the site pretty darn cool myself.
If any of you have ever driven through the Hanford Reservation in
Washington state, it is some of the most desolate looking land that you
have ever seen. Last time I went through there it looked like moonscape
because there was a HUGE fire there the year before.

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Old April 23rd 04, 12:13 AM
A.Gent

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message
This site has been going around a lot of newsgroups. I have to wonder how
real it is.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

Interesting observation, Bob.
Which bits do you find unreal?
It seems like a fairly straight documentary observation to me.
Not sufficiently values-neutral?

Me - I found it, like the OP, disturbing and very sad.
Like you, I also found it unreal - but I suspect my "unreal" is different to the
meaning you're suggesting.

--
Jeff R.

new 8 track site Alex 8 Track Tapes 0 August 23rd 04 08:03 AM
new collectors site..it's free Alex Cards:- non-sport 0 August 23rd 04 07:52 AM
new collecting site..it's free Alex Dolls 0 August 23rd 04 07:49 AM
Antiquarian Bookman auction site: Beta Test Start July 6 Jonathan Grobe Books 12 July 8th 04 08:03 PM
8x10 Photo Site Abuse dahoov2 Autographs 5 October 4th 03 06:31 AM