Current Cross-Postings

Old November 7th 03, 10:27 PM
Tracy Barber

Default Current Cross-Postings

Sorry people, but I've had enough of these ________ cross-posting
here. I've sent a few message back at them with a few indignations
attached.

So what.

The amount of crap we have seen here in the last 2 months is way
beyond what other topic groups get. I just sent them back some "nice
replies" to let them know not to no-mind the headers and clear the
headers of groups that don't need to see this - period.

Laziness, apathy and true spite are the reasons it doesn't happen.

My replies are going to these groups. I've had it with these ****-
ants that, because of their anonymity (which is total _______ anyway)
- none of them are running from the FBI - they just need to torment
people who are not playing their GAME.

So, having sent some shots across their bow(s), I may be leaving the
newsgroups anyway. rcsd has been very active lately, which is good
for many here. I am not a permanent fixture here. I've gone through
a hell of a lot worse than this during the "split". This is small
peanuts comparded to that fiasco.

I have to get on with life in other areas. I'm still contemplating
leaving - and to some of you, much to your relief, will welcome it.
No problem!

Once we're all gone, the trolls will think they have won. But - they
won't have anyone to play with after that. Poor babies. Here's your
pacifier and baby bottle, Mr. troll-ee.

I'm man enough, are you - troll-ee? Some of these trolls would never
say anything like this to my face, for they know that they'd be
walking into a pile of whoop-ass. Face to face - one on one - fists
only. Punks... all they are - are punks.

[[[ No folks, sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not even partially
angry at the moment! Just stating my position, is all. ]]] :^P

Let's bring on the trolls for one more encore and they'll see some
serious battle armaments. I've just warmed up for some coup de gras
manouvers.

-OR- shall we have some peace and quiet around here, like it was a
month or so ago?

Your choice - I'm ready.

Tracy Barber
Old November 7th 03, 10:54 PM
Frank Emanuel

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message

Sorry people, but I've had enough of these ________ cross-posting
here. I've sent a few message back at them with a few indignations
attached.

snipparoni

Tracy,

This NG is really not that bad. Sure it is annoying but a few plonks and
things get back to normal. I hang out in a few role-playing gamers groups
and there trolling is so prevelant that regulars even do it. It is a bizarre
thing, but most of the trolls are taken tongue in cheek and anyone who is
actually suckered into the troll ends up chalking another up to the resident
troll extraordinaire Ron. (Werebat).

I wish they would go away, but there is really little we can do to stop
them. My advice is to not let trolls and other immature net-twits get to
you.

Then again I might just be feeling left out as they seem to have yet to
target me ;-)

Frank

Old November 7th 03, 11:32 PM
Tracy Barber

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:54:09 -0500, "Frank Emanuel"
wrote:

[...]

You're in their sights. Nobody is exempt. :^)

Tracy Barber
Old November 8th 03, 12:24 AM
Frank Emanuel

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message

Then again I might just be feeling left out as they seem to have yet to
target me ;-)

You're in their sights. Nobody is exempt. :^)

Bring it on baby! Bring it on!

Frank ;-)

Old November 8th 03, 09:38 AM
Victor Manta

OK, you and some others have answered/x-posted, usually on things that has
been far away of our philatelic subjects. And which was the result? IMHO,
even more cross-postings on those irrelevant subjects (Bush up/down, war
for/against, etc.) for this NG.

I will reiterate my already expressed opinion: the persons who wish
discussing those subject should post only in the NG's that originated the
postings, and not here.

As for the policy of answering personally targeted attacks, why not taking
my example (staying cool and smiling like the intelligent dolphin shown on a
French miniature sheet :-)

http://www.values.ch/Topicals/fr-sea-ms.jpg

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply
"Tracy Barber" wrote in message

Sorry people, but I've had enough of these ________ cross-posting
here. I've sent a few message back at them with a few indignations
attached.

So what.

snip the larger part

Tracy Barber

Old November 8th 03, 01:09 PM
Herb F.

It is only bad if you answer them. It is just as easy to check the
titles of the posts and ignore the silly ones.

The Vietnam NG is much worse than this one. Hell, you have no problems
here at all. Over there a bunch of leftists like to shout "baby killer"
at the veterans. Most of the vets cant resist from engaging in long
arguments that sometimes run over 100 posts. Stupid. Why argue with some
12-year old kid playing with daddy's computer. The answer to trolls is
self control. One fellow over on the other NG sends multi-million byte
map files to trolls to tie up their computers. I doubt that does much
good but it makes him feel better.

This is supposed to be enjoyable. I open this page, check down 50 or 100
posts and see if anything looks interesting., If not, I am gone. This is
just a hobby, not life. I gave up trying to read every post years ago.
Hell, I read maybe 10 groups a day. You have to be selective.

Old November 8th 03, 01:39 PM
Dave

Tell me about the Viet Nam newsgroup. Populated by wannabes,
hatemongers, anti-war idiots, liars, a con-man, leftists, frauds, fakes, and
occaisionally a genuine veteran. I left it several years ago and haven't
revisited since.
This group is tame by comparison.
Dave

Old November 8th 03, 05:34 PM
Tracy Barber

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:38:58 +0100, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

OK, you and some others have answered/x-posted, usually on things that has
been far away of our philatelic subjects. And which was the result? IMHO,
even more cross-postings on those irrelevant subjects (Bush up/down, war
for/against, etc.) for this NG.

I will reiterate my already expressed opinion: the persons who wish
discussing those subject should post only in the NG's that originated the
postings, and not here.

As for the policy of answering personally targeted attacks, why not taking
my example (staying cool and smiling like the intelligent dolphin shown on a
French miniature sheet :-)

http://www.values.ch/Topicals/fr-sea-ms.jpg

Thanks for the hint. I did post my replies in their groups. :^)

As per the dolphin, yeah, I need a swim...

Tracy Barber
Old November 9th 03, 12:30 PM
Victor Manta

I see, and even tooo much for my taste...

Apparently, it happens to you more or less the same as to Larry, the central
character from a very old PC game. He was famous for searching for love in
the worst imaginable places g.

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply
"Tracy Barber" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:38:58 +0100, "Victor Manta"

snip

Old November 9th 03, 08:47 PM
Tracy Barber

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:30:33 +0100, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

I see, and even tooo much for my taste...

Apparently, it happens to you more or less the same as to Larry, the central
character from a very old PC game. He was famous for searching for love in
the worst imaginable places g.

But I don't have any leisure suits! :^P

Tracy Barber