Proof IHC Question

Old October 30th 03, 06:44 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:34:59 -0700, "Richard Snow"
is alleged to have written:

I have one I'll sell for $1,100.

http://www.indiancent.com/market/72p65rbp.jpg

Rick Snow
www.indiancent.com

But would you sell the 1859 proof on the same page for $1,100? :-)

bruce (No harm in asking...Rick, stop laughing!)

Old October 30th 03, 07:03 PM
Lyntoy1

Rick-
The coin I saw was probably 50-60% red in my very amature estimation. It did
have a trace of streaking on the obverse that was a distraction. Nice mellow
toning, though. But the reverse is pretty darn cool. Each time I tilted that
coin and got my little electric blue jolt my resistance went down. I am
normally not a fan of toning, but this is unusual enough that it got to me. If
I go for it, I'll send it your way and we can have an open discussion about the
pros and cons so that we all learn about IHC proofs. Best- Mike

Old October 30th 03, 09:12 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:01:36 -0700, "Richard Snow"
is alleged to have written:

Sure, let me drill a hole in it first.

Rick

Oh, don't go to any trouble. I promise to drill a hole in it as soon as it
arrives. For that price, I don't expect any special service. :-)

If you still have that coin when the Xmas bonus comes out around here, expect a
phone call with a MUCH more rational offer! The 1859 in proof is a tough coin,
even tougher to find nice (ever seen one that could be called cameo?), and I
need an example for my type set.

Bruce

Old October 30th 03, 11:56 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:04:10 -0700, "Richard Snow"
is alleged to have written:

Sure, maybe 20% of the PR64 and higher might grade Cameo.

Rick

*frustration* Then where are they? Granted, I don't have nearly your exposure
but I have looked at perhaps 100 different 1859 proofs...no cameos, though some
nice coins. There may be some duplicates in that 100, not all the coins had
noticeable identifying marks or colors.

Some mean people out there are holding on to their cameos and won't even let me
look at them! Probably just as well, a PR64 cameo would likely be out of my
price range, PCGS doesn't even list a price.

Bruce

.. .

Old October 31st 03, 05:05 PM
Richard Snow

Most have not been regraded yet. My coin could grade cameo on a good day, it
just has not been back to get the designation, as its in a pre-cameo holder